Full-stack Developer- NodeJS @TheFork
TheFork, a TripAdvisor Company is the leading online restaurants reservation platform in Europe, Australia & Latin America, with a network of more than 80.000 restaurants worldwide, more than 30,5 million monthly visits & present in 22+ countries around the globe.
Basically, TheFork connects restaurants & diners:
- Through TheFork (website & application), as well as through TripAdvisor, users can easily select a restaurant according to preference criteria (such as the localisation, type of cuisine, restaurant type & average price), consult user reviews, check real-time availability & instantly book online.
- From the restaurants side, TheFork provides them with a software solution, TheFork Manager, which enables restaurants to optimize reservations management, streamline operations & ultimately improve service & revenues.
TheFork team aims to inspire & enable people to confidently discover, experience & share food. We operate under a shared set of values that define how we do business & how we interact with our colleagues, our partners, our customers & our food community. We strongly believe that building a diverse workforce of people from all walks of life helps us have a richer, more vibrant, more successful workplace.
About engineering @ TheFork:
- Our team is based on 100+ people including engineers, QA, design, product & devOps.
- We have an international team, with people working from France, Italy, Portugal, UK & Argentina.
- Our stack is mostly in Node both on the backend & frontend, & we work with React for our interfaces & GraphQL as API. Our Mobile Apps are made with Swift & Kotlin.
- Our engineers take great pride in their code, & pay close attention to the submitted pull requests.
- We solve many challenges with highly performant solutions, addressing beautiful interfaces without being troubled by the scalability of the platform itself.
Who you are
- Passionate about software development.
- Experience working with Node projects (2 years minimum)
- Experience building & consuming APIs.
- Ability to think of the customer & the business in order to solve problems and get stuff done.
- Motivated to understand how big architectures work (micro-services, integrations with third party applications, cloud services, amongst others).
- Applies progressive enhancement philosophy.
- Proficient English level.
Nice to have
- Knowledge about Typescript & GraphQL APIs.
- Experience working with Elasticsearch
- Aware of front-end technologies & frameworks (React).
- Experience working with microservices.
- Ability to manage complexity in a large project, & incur technical debt only after considering the trade-offs.
- Experience working with remote teams.
TheFork gives you the opportunity to test our gift card product at the restaurant if you pass the first screen of our recruiters! Ready to test it? Apply now & receive a 25 gift card!*
* In addition to the processing of your personal data for recruitment purpose, TheFork will process your email address for the purpose of supplying a TheFork gift card. In accordance with applicable law, you have the right to refuse such processing by indicating it to the Talent Acquisition team. Gift cards are available now in France, Spain & Italy.