First Look Media is looking for an administrative receptionist who will oversee all front desk duties & will be the first line of communication for visitors/staff/callers & office resources for our NY office. We are seeking an energetic professional with outstanding communication & organizational skills. The administrative receptionist will work in our NYC office & the role will support a wide range of administrative & office support duties that will highly impact our team of collaborative media professionals.
- Responsible for all guest services via passage point system, provide front desk coverage & setting up the systems that will help streamline process ensure that things run smoothly.
- Work cross functionally with building Security & IT to coordinate all visitors access & act as a point person for all guests, employees & visiting staff.
- Coordinate ordering & replenishment of all supplies, both office & kitchen, as well as equipment maintenance for both.
- Work with the facilities team to ensure facilities issues are reported & addressed.
- Communicate office announcements & updates via our internal digital platforms.
- Monitor inventory of supply closets & storage areas.
- Act as liaison for janitorial staff & supervisor of contracted day porter report cleaning staff issues, arrange for special event cleaning, communicate supply needs as necessary.
- Monitor all mail & deliveries & their distribution, including the maintenance of postage machine & UPS account.
- Order weekly breakfast for Thursdays.
- Assist in organizing logistics for meetings + events including, but not limited to, menus + A/V.
- Assist with overflow from other assistants & facilities as needed, including: expense reports, booking travel, special events (holiday parties, luncheons, etc.)
Background + Qualifications:
- Excellent communication/liaison skills & the ability to properly manage expectations
- 13 years of experience + Bachelors Degree
- Approachable, reliable with an upbeat demeanor + an unflinching attention to detail
- Flexible hours are required but core work will be within business hours
- Self-starter with excellent organization & interpersonal skills
- Should have strong communication skills & be a collaborator; comfortable & efficient in team environment
About First Look Media
First Look Media is a new-model media company devoted to supporting independent voices, from fearless investigative journalism anddocumentary filmmaking to smart, provocative entertainment. Launched in 2013 by eBay founder & philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First LookMedia was created with the belief that independent perspectives are vital to both a vibrant culture & a thriving democracy.
First Look Media is currently in the market with its flagship properties, The Intercept, Field of Vision, & the recently launched Topic SVOD service, & plans to continue expandingits mission of supporting independent voices via a variety of new brands, formats & platforms as well as through foundational technologyhelping creators & audiences develop, distribute, discover & connect with meaningful stories.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, & LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, & to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities