BuzzFeed is looking for an agile & detailed Associate/Junior Commerce Analyst to join a growing affiliate team. An ideal candidate will be an analytical & quantitative problem solver with a strong attention to detail. This candidate should have a strong analytical background as well as an understanding of consumer buying habits. Experience in retail, e-commerce or merchandising is a plus. This role is a unique combination of marketing & retail analysis. We are looking for someone who brings energy & passion to everything they do & is dedicated to arming the teams at large with the data & insights necessary to drive a strong affiliate business. This role will require communication with various teams across the organization, so the ability to work cross-functionally & to clearly articulate data & strategy will be key.
- Provide daily & weekly reports to track performance of editorial & commerce initiatives
- Provide monthly & quarterly hindsight reports, & deliver strategy recommendations based on top performing content formats & content categories
- Generate Ad Hoc reports to support business development & sales pitches
- Provide actionable recommendations based on performance, & communicate immediate business growth opportunities to relevant stakeholders
- Work alongside the affiliate Account Management & business team leads to identify program performance trends, surface optimization recommendations, & surface recommendations for new & existing partners
- Communicate affiliate partner risk & opportunities to our editorial & sales teams
- Bachelor's degree
- 1-2+ years of merchandising or analytical experience
- Strong numerical & analytical skills
- Experience with Excel
- Experience creating & presenting performance reports
- Experience within a cross-functional organization that touches affiliate, retail management, e-commerce management and/or merchandising.
- Knowledge of the digital commerce space & emerging trends
- Experience in a traditional ecommerce role is a plus
- Excellent written & verbal skills
- A passion for shopping & identifying unique trends in e-commerce
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO & unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.