Staff Software Engineer - Activation & Configuration
As a backend staff engineer, you will be working with a talented team responsible for enabling clients to successfully setup & operate DoubleVerifys rich suite of products. You will be responsible for developing scalable & reliable backend services fueling DV's client facing user interfaces & operational processes. We believe in using the right tool for each task which means that you will be working with a variety of technologies & languages. In addition, due to the nature of the team you will be closely coordinating & working with multiple development, product & client services teams.
This position is fulltime & located in our New York City headquarter offices.
What you will do:
- You will help to implement software solutions in an effort to deliver amazing experiences & capabilities for our customers & clients.
- Makes others better through code reviews, thorough documentation, technical guidance, operational needs, & mentoring or serving as a Tech Lead on a project.
- Go-to person for technical guidance; understands the broad architecture of the entire system.
- Provides technical advice & weighs in on technical decisions that impact other teams or DV at large.
- Actively participates in design discussions & provides feedback on projects outside of their core area.
- Understands the tradeoffs between technical, analytical, & product needs, leading to solutions that take all of these needs into account.
- Identifies & proposes strategies around technical problems affecting their team, communicating standards & obtaining approvals on solutions.
- Researches & proposes new technologies.
- Work in a fast paced, agile environment, collaborating with team members & Product Managers on a daily basis & participating in product meetings.
Who you are:
- At least 2 years of experience as a staff engineer in a similar environment.
- At least 5 years of experience programming in C++, C# or Java.
- At least 5 years of experience in relational databases, including schema design & data analysis.
- At least 7 years of total programming experience.
- Exceptional analytical, strategic thinking, & problem-solving abilities.
- Extensive knowledge of modern microservice architecture, & web-based/REST APIs.
- Extensive knowledge of cloud & containerization technologies such as Google Cloud, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Extensive knowledge in logging & monitoring frameworks such as Grafana/Loki/Prometheus or Splunk.
- Extensive knowledge of engineering processes, structural design, & system optimization.
- Extensive experience leading design & code reviews.
- Proficiency in CRM platforms such as Salesforce.
- Proficiency in engineering & project management software.
- Deep care for fostering collaboration & psychological safety among team members.
- Excited to be a part of an inclusive culture where everyone brings the aspects of themselves to the workplace that they need to thrive.