The Director, Retail Operations is responsible for building an operational foundation in order for Casper to scale to 200+ stores. This includes building a facilities strategy, owning inventory management, overseeing new store openings & establishing procurement budgets for operational stores.
The ideal candidate is an owner, an exceptional people leader, a master of cross-functional influence & comfortable being hands on.
This role reports to the VP, Global Retail.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do
- Develop, lead & own facilities strategy for a fleet of 200+ stores. This includes ongoing maintenance, repairs & store renovation & refresh calendar.
- Develop, lead & own retail inventory management strategy from defining performance measures to allocation optimizations & BOH workflow definition. This includes but is not limited to defining & improving store carrying capacities & optimizing allocation planning.
- Lead new store opening program of next 200 Casper stores at minimum.
- Own special projects related to Retail & the development of operational policy & procedures such as loss prevention, workplace safety & workforce management.
- Own ongoing procurement for opened stores & define relevant budgets.
Our dream candidate is...
- 8-10 years of experience leading Retail or Store Operations in a scaled retail environment with a fleet of 100+ stores.
- Proven ability to lead & execute complex programs or projects from scratch.
- Direct management experience of teams of at least 5+.
- Experience thriving in a matrix & collaborative environment.
- Global & multi-channel distribution experience