As a Certified B Corporation, AeroFarms is a mission-driven indoor vertical farming company transforming agriculture with global headquarters in Newark, NJ. Recognized bycom as one of the Top 25 Disruptive Companies in the World, AeroFarms is scaling quickly to meet the demand for our fresh, locally grown produce that is setting new culinary standards. We now need someone special who can apply their experience in the food industry to help us grow.
- An incredible change-the-world company with the eyes of the world focused on our success
- A team of motivated, intellectually curious individuals to support you
- The backing of some seriously impressive firms including Goldman Sachs, IKEA, Prudential & other leading venture funds.
Reporting to the the Senior Manager of Food Safety & Quality Assurance, the Supervisor will be responsible for all documentation for SSOP, GMP, SOP's, HACCP/Recall & Traceback Programs. The Supervisor will join a team consisting of a Senior Manager, QA Manager, Documentation Specialist, & QA Technicians.
- Responsible for monitoring & documenting all food safety programs.
- Implement site specific protocols & procedures for Sanitation.
- Continuously evaluate food safety procedures & submit all positive impact recommendations to Senior Manager, FSQA.
- Assist in the development of site specific paper work, i.e. logs, checklist etc.
- Manage environmental & microbiological testing program.
- Conduct & maintain equipment calibrations & PM (Preventive Maintenance).
- Prepare periodic Food Safety Reports
- Maintain open communications with all Managers & the FSQA Senior Manager to ensure that AeroFarms finished product food safety processes are maintained at all times.
- Act as a liaison between internal operations, sales & customers related to any food safety, quality & food security inquires.
- 3-6 years previous relevant experience in the Food Industry
- B.S. degree in agriculture, food science or related subject.
- Knowledge of fresh fruit & vegetables, food processing and
- quality programs.
- Safe Quality Food (SQF) certification.
- HACCP trained and/or certified, training & hands on skills in microbiology.
- Computer experience in MS Office Products Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent Communication Skills, both written & verbal. Multi-Tasking on multiple projects is necessary.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Ability to work in 32-36 degree temperature throughout the day