Hi, were Headquarters. Some people might call us root-obsessed, & theyre rightbecause we know that a great head of hair starts with healthy roots. Were Headquarters, a best-in-class haircare brand that grew out of the needs of real women, a ton of research, & a lot of love.
Launched in January 2021, were the newest brand developed by Harrys & were here to prove that theres a better way for people to engage with their own hair health, one day at a time.
Our growing team includes some of the best minds (and heads of hair) in R&D, consumer insights, customer experience, marketing, & beyond. We know that hair isnt everything but its still a big deal in our book. Its a source of comfort with the potential to totally reinvent how we see ourselves.
Headquarters also supports our communities by donating 1% of our sales to local grassroots organizations that benefit women & their mental health. Were proud to be a part of the work thats changing our communities for the better. Together, were reimagining how we care for our hair to help everyone have more good (hair) days.
About the Role
As the Creative Project Manager, you will be a part of the core team responsible for shaping & growing the Headquarters brand in its infancy. The Creative PM is the glue that holds the team together. You hunt down inefficiencies for sport & get a high for creating & implementing processes that work & make work better for more people.
You are first & foremost a team player, resourceful, & extremely well organized. Youre a pro with time management, schedule management, & budget management. You dont hesitate to flex into a producer role when it comes time to plan a photoshoot or produce swag.
You enjoy managing schedules & deliverables to ensure all projects have the necessary resources to meet Headquarters high creative standards. You are passionate about the creative process & desire to work within a team to deliver an amazing product.
You will support the Head of Creative & Comms, the Creative team (Design, Copy, Social), & broader comms/marketing function by implementing & optimizing project management processes, guiding projects through the briefing & creative process, assisting with resource allocation, scheduling & facilitating reviews, approvals, delivery & tracking budget.
What you will accomplish:
Working within the Creative Team, & partnering cross-functionally, on projects big & small establishing trust along the way.
- You will be the steward & source-of-truth for all creative-related projects. You will traffic all initiatives from start to finish while keeping abreast of upcoming milestones.
- Creative Projects: Managing & coordinating copy & design projects for brand book & style guide, DR ads, social, DTC site, retail, presentations, print collateral, etc.
- Brand Projects: end-to-end project management for launches, brand campaigns, comms initiatives, events/activations, etc.
- Content Production & Shoots: Organizing & ushering photo/video production including pre-production sourcing, briefing, timeline planning, negotiating; relevant on-set details; & all post-production processes & delivery of assets;
- With Head of Creative & Comms, you will manage resource allocation & availability to ensure peak efficiency across the creative/comms team. Resource management includes internal designers/copywriters as well as external/freelance partners
- You will manage the teams stack by working hand-in-hand with team members & cross-functional leads to scope project tasks, deliverables, & deadlines.
- You will organize & run discovery, kick-off meetings, standups, project retros, & other project meetingsensuring requirements/learnings are captured, cross-functional visibility is provided, & recaps are shared
- You will define & implement all processes, systems, & tools that our team requires to work cross-functionally, including a project management platform (like Asana) & Google Drive.
- You will help manage annual department budgets as well as own individual project budgets for various creative campaigns, initiatives, & shootsboth big & small. Includes developing estimates, negotiating, tracking, & recapping project spend.
- You can positively represent the creative team in all cross-functional meetings with your go-getter attitude, respect for every team member, understanding of the business, organized mind, knack for executing, & passion for great ideas & design. You will communicate on behalf of the team as needed & capture notes & output for them.
- You will work to foresee & prevent situations where project feedback isnt taken into consideration, a piece of the puzzle is missing, or an element doesnt align with their overall goals & objectives that have been set.
- You will regularly communicate & present project schedules, statuses, & updates to various team members.
- You will proactively & consistently conceive of, define, & develop process improvements to increase efficiency & productivity across the creative, comms, as well as cross-functional teams.
This should describe you
An organizational juggernaut
- You like to account for all the small pieces yet can step back to see the big picture.
- You have established useful processes where ones did not previously exist.
- You have a track record of improving cross-functional processes that resulted in a more efficient & joyful way to work.
- You absolutely dominate project management platforms & can easily train other team members to do the same.
- You have experience working with start-up brands and/or creative agencies focused on multidisciplinary work.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity. You dont always wait to be told what to; you proactively look for ways to add value that the broader team can feel.
- Budgets dont intimidate you; you intimidate budgets. You have experience managing & sticking to budgets with meticulous notes & detailed line items.
- You champion great work & second guess the bad. You have experience shepherding work in a high-paced environment in all stages: from conception to execution.
- You flex your interpersonal skills & enjoy building relationships across functions.
- Youre eager to go all in & make your mark on a company in its early days.
Self-motivated & collaborative partner
- You are resourceful, take initiative, & comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment.
- You are able to work under tight deadlines while juggling several projects
- You adapt well to change & unexpected updates
- You thrive in a collaborative environment & are able to work with creative & non-creative partners & stakeholders
- You are excited to be apart of the brand from early days; building process from the ground up
- Approach projects, big & small, with equal enthusiasm & passion
- As a consumer, you have an interest in beauty, haircare, & wellness
- You are amped to work on a forward-thinking womens brand & do the unexpected
Here's who they will work with:
- Reporting to Head of Creative & Communications
- Work within the Creative & Comms Team
- Partner with the entire Headquarters crew
- Collaborate with Digital Product & Performance Marketing Teams; as well as Harrys Inc Design & Retail teams
- 30% Day-to-day Creative Project Management
- 25% Brand/Campaign Project Management
- 25% Content Production & Shoots
- 20% Process Development & Optimization
- 3+ years project management experience supporting Creative Services, Brand, Marketing Operations, or similar
- Some experience in photoshoot production is a bonus, not required
- Strong knowledge & experience with Asana and/or other PM tools
- Proficient in Google everything: Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc
- Knowledge of the creative and/or marketing process is highly preferred
- Some knowledge or strong interest in video & content production
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.