VaynerMedia is a global creative & media agency built for the now. Born in social our work is now full service, simply loving big ideas that connect & create real change for our clients business. We are independently owned, founded in 2009 with offices in London, New York, Los Angeles, Singapore, Sydney & Mexico City. And were not too bad at what we do, with our work winning in Cannes Lions, the Clios, D&AD & The Webbies to name a few.
Here in London we have huge ambitions. Weve doubled in size over the last year & broadened both our client list & the kind of work were doing for them. Our roots are in social & we love it - its where we get to understand different audiences, to experiment, to gain insight & to see how people really engage & respond to ideas.
We are creative & media in equal measure because both are equally important in developing effective communications. A lot of our work in-house (with our own production, edit & motion teams) because execution is key to effectiveness. We believe 100% that brands can be built on digital platforms & part of our model is built bottom up, flipping the traditional advertising model & process on its head. We dont play to agency/industry norms & our culture & energy reflects that.
We have an incredible client list across UK, EMEA & Globally. Our ideas live & breathe in organic & paid social but also fully integrated campaigns including TVCs, radio, press, OOH (you name it were there). Our difference? We learn fast - from what we see & how our audiences really act, alongside cultural cues to create our integrated campaigns.
Infused with the DNA of our founder, we pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit. Being an independent agency affords us the freedom to be bold & stray from convention. It also allows us to pivot quickly, which is key to succeeding in an ever-changing market. The same way Gary was one of the early YouTube influencers, VaynerMedia has been the forerunner in many opportunities, serving as alpha/beta launch partners with platforms from Facebook & YouTube to TikTok & Snapchat.
But ultimately we are people people. We are skills first rather than where you studied & who you know. Were here to change advertising so we thrive on free-thinkers with big ambitions.
Sound like you?
Were looking for an experienced Account Director with through the line experience, an extensive understanding of social media & exceptional client service skills to lead some of our flagship accounts for the agency.
You must LOVE all things social, especially TikTok, already on multiple platforms & be passionate about the role social can play in building brands & connecting to audiences in an authentic way. This isnt a role for people who like to take 6 months to develop one piece of creative. This is an always on role that moves daily & will put you at the epicenter of culture. Your accounts will see you providing insights-driven strategies & creative guidance whilst strengthening client & partner agency relationships both here & across EMEA whilst mentoring your teams across the region.
One of the clients you will oversee is one of our longest standing relationships with us working closely across their portfolio of brands from raising awareness amongst SMEs as the bank of choice, to helping bring a younger audience to their more premium wealth brands & launch new products to the market. It is an account that needs someone entrepreneurial who is going to help challenge the category norms & drive creativity.
The other account will be one of our new business wins, working across EMEA, helping drive the growth & our remit across the brand.
The task at hand:
- Deliver best-in-class client services, creative & social media expertise.
- Bring together regional market leads & our own internal teams to create a united EMEA team with a shared vision for the account.
- Inspire, motivate, & mentor your Client Service team.
- Partner with clients & stakeholders to truly understand their needs & the pressures on them - to develop a trusting relationship & ensure we deliver strong results. (Our clients challenges become ours! We need to understand their highly individual market conditions, & the levers of growth to focus on that will drive business results)
- Guide & contribute to the development of strategic recommendations, creative ideas & deliverables.
- Working closely with other agency partners to make help drive growth & protect our workstreams
- Be well versed in the various comms opportunities across the marketing mix, including Paid Media & Measurement opportunities in social & digital (media most relevant to Hydrow where we manage media as well) , to provide client recommendations on the proper channels & KPIs, based on brand-specific goals.
- Identify & help sell-through incremental opportunities to clients, that help them achieve the most efficient returns & results on their overall marketing spend.
- Collaborate with the team leaders in other departments (Strategy, Creative, Production, Project Management, Analytics/Insights, Media) to improve & execute on client deliverables, process, & output.
- Contribute to the continued growth & stability of VaynerMedia, by being empowered to make decisions that are best for the company both today & tomorrow
- Evangelise the work we are doing both internally & externally.
- Taking the drivers seat & pushing the work forward, with a relentless focus on the details
- Having regular 1-2-1s & spending as much face time (virtually or IRL) with the clients to help spot & drive incremental account opportunities.
- Partner with the Account, Strategy, Media & Creative leads to ensure client expectations, creative vision, & agency needs are met from briefing through final delivery on projects
- Tracking financial progression working closely with the PM team, ensuring it is shared & assessed.
- Constantly identifying risks & solutions - being the problem solver in ensuring we remain agile & strategic throughout the project lifecycle
- Be heavily client-facing to help drive a trusted advisor relationship.
- Provide motivation & mentorship to the AM team & be the first point of escalation for issue/conflict resolution on all projects
- Support the Client Partnerships Director to help monitor your AMs, providing regular feedback to help drive their development
- Support Head of Client Partnerships to continually match & optimise skill-level/experience & aspiration of the account managers to the needs.
- Keep VaynerMedia values at the core
- New business & PR support for the wider agency e.g case studies, award entries & pitch development for the department
- Grow relationships, have fun & participate in VaynerMedia social engagement
Desirable skills & experience:
- Previous experience managing a portfolio of brands
- Leadership, management & mentorship skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication & presentation skills
- Proven negotiation skills
- TTL experience
- Retail experience (nice to have)
- Experience working on an international account
- An understanding of media
- Hands-on experience & ownership of complex strategic & creative projects, requiring senior stakeholder management
- Ability to recognise & solve potential problems, escalate issues or conflicts & continually evaluate project effectiveness.
- Manage overall quality of the agency output & management for the account
- Strong communication skills & an impressive attention to detail
- A cool, calm & collected approach to problem-solving
- Ability to thrive & remain agile in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Strong self-awareness & people-management skills
- Understanding of key channels including relevant social media platforms & an ability to drive the latest platform thinking into the work.
How we will support you:
We know talent is our most important asset & our people guide our work & our culture. The last year & a half has challenged us like nothing before, & we are committed to providing the support & flexibility needed for people to do their best work & have fun doing it. We are an open minded bunch & we value diversity of thought & experience. Every person we hire will make us a more creative, innovative & happier agency. You are always welcome to bring an idea or opinion to our work & our ways of working.
For now, these are some of things we have in place to support you...
We regularly review our benefits & are committed to providing a comprehensive programme for our people. This currently includes all the good stuff you would expect from Health Cash Plan, Life Assurance, 27 days holiday per annum through to Pension & Income Protection.
We know some days aren't as good as others & that's OK. We have our mental health partner Sanctus on hand for employee coaching sessions & an Employee Assistance Programme in place should you need it also. We partner with NABS also, an industry specific support organisation who are passionate about helping people thrive.
Sometimes it can be the smaller things that make you smile. We have a wide variety of discounts & benefits through Perkbox & you can save on your commute through Commuter Club or our Cycle To Work Scheme. If R&R is more your thing you can take some time out for a monthly massage, join one of our bi-weekly mindfulness sessions or an employee led yoga sessions. We understand that there has never been a more important time for self care & as such we have a varied wellbeing programme to help you to be your best self.
VaynerMedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that VaynerMedia provides equal employment opportunities to all staff members & job applicants without regard to gender, pregnancy, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, race, disability, sexual orientation, religious belief, part time or fixed term employment, age or any other legally protected class.
Candidates must be authorised to work in the U.K.