At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. Were improving the worlds economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company & the customers we serve, & are committed to making every day count.
Technology at OnDeck is a mix of building world-class user experiences for our partners & direct customers, data processing to enable underwriting model development & real-time lending decisions, automating operational & compliance workflows, & generating precise money movements & calculations to service our customers. We have an emphasis on scalability, security, reliability & accuracy.
This role combines Product Management, Project management & API Support into one highly visible role within our Partnership channel. This individual will support OnDecks partner channel, specifically the performance of our suite of API & Portals through which partners submit, decision, & retrieve information regarding customer referrals. Gathering new feature requirements or troubleshooting problems in real-time, this role will help support & grow OnDecks partner technology capabilities.
As a Partner Support Engineer, you will:
- Manage OnDecks external facing partner APIs
- Ensure proper production support & troubleshoot issues in real-time
- Manage ongoing partners integrating to our APIs, both virtually & on-site at partner
- Constant customer engagement in order to validate requirements & create strategic product partnerships
- Capture requirements & distill these into specifications for developers to follow
- Create trust & credibility with Development, Product Management & Support teams, working closely to anticipate customer expectations/needs & translate into solutions & capabilities
- Identify new features that can be developed & deployed into our APIs & portals
- Assist in the overall experience developers have when integrating with our product
- Report Product roadmap progress to Management & stakeholders; KPIs, & Business/Sector key business deliverables
- Create, update & maintain relevant API documentation.
Personal Characteristics of a Successful Candidate
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Understanding of JAVA & PHP
- Communicate confidently & concisely to both technologists & non-technologists
- Exhibits & drives a strong commitment to outstanding customer service
- Proven ability to develop & sustain strong relationships both internally & externally
- Comfortable in highly dynamic environments. Action oriented with a flexible & entrepreneurial mind-set.
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of Financial workflows
- Ability to hit the ground running with little oversight
- High-energy & enthusiastic. Tech-savvy, forward-thinking mindset.
- Customer Obsessed
- At least 2 years of technical project management experience
- At least 1 year of experience implementing integrations with APIs is preferable
- At least 1 year of Supporting partner relationships
- Ability to understand software architecture & technology is critical
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing & thriving enterprises. Since 2007, weve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, were reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company & the customers we serve, & are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble & strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each & every team member plays an important role in our companys success. Thats why we strive to provide you & your family with a competitive & comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options & opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small & Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance & Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Built in NYC, Best Places to Work, 2018 (#16)
- Crains New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune & Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! Peoples Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crains New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes Americas Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive & diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDecks employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to & including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**