Type: Full Time
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events & critical breaking information, giving them the opportunity to act faster & stay one step ahead when every second counts. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Our groundbreaking AI & machine learning technology cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, & determining the significance of public information. Headquartered in NYC, Dataminr has revolutionized the way that global news, finance, public sector, corporate security & PR/communications professionals know & act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets & brands.
Along the way, we've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, raised over $570 million from leading venture & growth technology investors, & been referred to as the super tool of journalists & hedge funds. Weve received numerous awards & accolades from our clients, including recognition from CNBC as one of the worlds 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 & joining Forbes definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world, in 2017 & 2018.
A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact at a rapidly growing tech company with a startup culture, while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009. We value ownership, curiosity & drive on an individual level & live these values every day. We empower everyone to have a voice at the table & regularly invest in professional development. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work & have fun.
Who you are:
You're an experienced Senior Analytics Database Engineer interested in deploying & supporting a data warehouse for business intelligence & analytics within a data-intensive, information SAAS business that drives innovation across multiple sectors. You have expertise in designing, maintaining & refining analytics data structures & their relationships, & you delight in optimizing queries - both your own & others. You have extensive experience integrating disparate big datasets & working with pipeline data engineers to validate data quality & consistency & implement best practices. You bring an in-depth understanding of the advantages & limitations of particular technologies, including hands-on experience leveraging features of analytics dbs in order to optimize highly-performant business intelligence tooling. You have developed strong communication skills that you leverage to drive impactful decisions that benefit the business, & you have a proven track record of collaboration with stakeholders, data engineers & product managers in order to deliver successful business intelligence solutions based on complex datasets. You have a history of mentoring other engineers, you give generously of your time & you know when to ask for help.
You will be the lead database engineer for our new analytics & business intelligence platform, responsible for designing our data structures & building out our data warehouse solutions while working closely with our analytics pipeline & business intelligence engineers. You will be a primary contributor in our business intelligence & data management vision & implementation, & will be responsible for maintaining an ongoing data analytics culture of compliance, ethics & integrity. You will work with data engineers to perform source system analyses, identification of key data problems, & work to resolve any data quality & data consistency issues. You will research & evaluate technologies & recommend the most efficient solutions, & you will collaborate with our stakeholders teams across the company to provide better access to data resources. In the first month, youll
- start off by learning the ropes, spending time with different parts of the company to understand how Dataminr works.
- get up to speed on our data processing pipelines & data structures with overview sessions & deep dives with your team.
- contribute code to production systems.
Within 3 months, youll:
- share responsibility for our data warehouse & data structures with other members of your team.
- help to plan our new infrastructure features & improvements.
- begin to take more of a role in helping others understand our data analytics structures.
Within 6 months, youll:
- own the data warehouse.
- design & implement data structures that deliver highly performant answers to business questions for teams across the company.
- be influential in helping plan the next iteration of our analytics platform.
- bring new ideas to our engineering & analytics processes to help us continuously improve.
The way we work:
To maintain our momentum, we need a talented, diverse team of people committed to the idea that real-time information can be a force for good in the world.
- We take initiative, ownership, & are accountable.
- We work urgently & thoughtfully & are driven to constantly improve.
- We share knowledge, consider varied perspectives, & assume positive intent.
- We are commercially minded & deliver measurable results.
- We maintain a sense of humor & humility.
Our offering of competitive benefits & perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability & life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks & beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.