About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits & vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. Were on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, & future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, & iterating, & celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, & we get things done. We love adaptogens & cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a DevOps Manager to join our Engineering team. The Engineering team focuses on architecting, developing, & delivering highly scalable & innovative software that meets the needs of the Daily Harvest business & our customers.
The DevOps team is committed to increasing the efficiency & happiness of the Engineering team by providing modern infrastructure & sound processes that promote rapid delivery with high confidence. As a DevOps Manager at Daily Harvest, you will manage a team that helps us ensure that our software platform is stable, scalable, & secure. Your team will build tools & processes that continually improve the engineering organization. We believe that we do our best work when we work together, so you will collaborate with engineers across all disciplines & with external stakeholders.
What youll do:
- Rapidly scale & lead our DevOps team, with a focus on diversity, collaboration, & respect
- Work closely with engineering leadership to reinforce a culture of ownership, collaboration, & respect
- Define & and maintain technology standards & practices that can adapt to the needs of the business, emphasizing automation, stability, & adaptability
- Work with internal engineering teams to identify & prioritize infrastructure & tooling required to support a growing team & a rapid software delivery cycle
- Oversee the design, estimation & implementation of new cloud infrastructure & developer tooling in order to enable software developers to deliver new features securely, reliably & at scale
- Provide guidance & mentoring to members of the engineering team, including senior individual contributors & managers
- Identify & execute on opportunities to improve the cloud infrastructure & software development lifecycle & processes
- Scale by delegating effectively; ensure tasks are completed as specified without micromanaging
- Make independent decisions for the team
- Contribute to the career development of others; meeting regularly with direct reports, providing frequent feedback on their work, helping individuals set goals to ensure employee growth & retention goals
Who you are:
- You are excited about building, leading, & enabling exceptional & highly collaborative engineering teams
- 8+ years of professional experience with DevOps or Systems Administration
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of at least 4 engineers
- Strong experience in CI/CD tooling (e.g. CircleCI, Jenkins)
- Well-versed in modern cloud platforms, like Google Cloud or AWS, & their associated technologies
- Experience with infrastructure as code frameworks such as Terraform, CloudFormation or AWS CDK
- Experience with Agile software development & project management tools
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (...always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Gym membership + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly onsite happy hours, + regular DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- Showers for post-morning or mid-workday workouts
- A dynamic, ambitious, & fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table & believe in a collaborative & inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles & apply across all aspects of employment.