ClassPass is transforming the $10B fitness industry by connecting people to over 1 million studio fitness classes annually, & inspiring them to live more actively. Since our founding in 2013, weve built the worlds leading fitness membership through a digital platform, proprietary technology, a global brand & an unparalleled community. Were revolutionizing fitness, & even after being recognized as one of Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startups, we believe were just getting started.
Our growing team is a passionate, hard-working bunch that believes in having a real impact on our customers' lives. We take work & working out seriously. Were as inspired by the 35M+ reservations made to date as we are by the life-changing stories we receive from our members & studios, which is why we work together every day to innovate, create, & discover new ways we can make the world a more active place.
About the Right Team Member:
We're looking for an innovative backend engineer with a passion for designing robust & easy to use APIs & services. Youre comfortable tackling efforts solo or working in groups, both big & small. Fast-paced environments dont phase you, & you seek feedback because it has the ability to turn good work into great work. You know the best software is created through collaboration & iteration, which is exactly why youre looking for the right opportunity, & the right team, to expand your experience.
As a Senior Backend Engineer you will craft new functionality with a dedicated team of skilled individuals. You like to ship software early & often, you value simplicity, & strive to eliminate unnecessary complexity.
- Collaborate closely with Product, Design, & QA to iterate on the design, implementation, deployment & monitoring of our product
- Build efficient & reusable backend systems
- Provide technical leadership & mentoring for more junior engineers
- Participate in design & code reviews
- Maintain high code coverage via unit tests & acceptance tests
- Find & address performance issues
- Experience with Java or Python
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, or equivalent, & at least 5 years of professional programming experience
- Experience with ETL & data pipelines
- Looking to work on data-related challenges such as the optimization of SQL, ETL processes, & data pipelines.
- A strong understanding of RESTful API design
- Knowledge of web frameworks such as Dropwizard, Flask, & Django a plus
- Very strong SQL skills
- Love of fitness a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.