Curious about what its like to work at the worlds number 1 discovery platform as a Director of R&D in the Taboola News group? Were glad you asked!
Taboola News delivers relevant content from our premium publisher partners, integrated into mobile phones & other user touchpoints. It creates new opportunities for engagement & revenue for mobile carriers, device manufacturers, publishers & brands.
Join Taboola News as the Director of R&D to be a part of an exciting hyper-growth journey. You will play a pivotal role in driving innovation, product development, & technological advancement to sustain & accelerate the product's hyper-growth phase. We already got to over a hundred of millions of dollars annual run rate! Your leadership will be instrumental in shaping the strategic vision, overseeing R&D initiatives, & ensuring the delivery of cutting-edge solutions that align with the company's business objectives.
You will partner with the leadership of Product Management & Business to build the Taboola News experience driving every day billions moments of content consumption on mobile devices around the world.
Team Size: Approximately 40 software engineers, including technical services
At Taboola, we currently work in a hybrid work model giving employees the flexibility to work from home a few days a week.
What are some of the things you do on a day-to-day basis?
- Strategic Leadership:
- Develop & communicate a clear R&D strategy that aligns with the company's overall goals & objectives.
- Collaborate with the executive team to define the long-term vision for technology & innovation.
- Team Management:
- Lead & mentor a multidisciplinary team of researchers, engineers, & technical professional services.
- Foster a culture of business-driven, innovative, collaborative, honest & continuously improving R&D group.
- Manage people, retention & growth to ensure a high-performing team.
- Mentor the group team leaders.
- Product Development:
- Oversee the development & enhancement of the company's product portfolio.
- Partner with product management to drive the product roadmap, ensuring that it aligns with market trends & customer needs.
- Foster a customer-centric approach to product development, involving feedback & input from key stakeholders.
- Encourage a data driven approach to decision making, through fast experimentation & learning.
- Research & Innovation:
- Lead & support research initiatives aimed at identifying emerging technologies & trends relevant to the company's industry.
- Ability to lead effectively development of a multidisciplinary eco-system covering multiple technolgies, backend, frontend, mobile, algo.
- Promote a culture of innovation, experimentation, & exploration of new ideas.
- Collaborate with external partners, universities, & research institutions to leverage external expertise & resources.
- Budget & Resource Management:
- Manage the R&D budget, allocating resources effectively to meet project milestones & goals.
- Ensure efficient utilization of resources, optimizing costs while maintaining high-quality output.
- Project Management:
- Build project plans, deliverable milestones, & progress monitoring.
- Identify & assess potential risks related to R&D projects & implement mitigation strategies.
- Communication & Reporting:
- Provide regular updates to the company executive team, R&D leadership on Taboola News progress, achievements, & challenges.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to facilitate effective communication & coordination.
What are the skills a good R&D Leader needs to have?
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline).
- Proven track record of leadership in senior R&D roles at least twice. Ideally within high-growth technology companies.
- Proven successful track record in managing managers & mentorship.
- Strong business acumen & the ability to align R&D efforts with strategic business objectives.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills for building internal & external relationships.
- Experience managing & developing high-performing teams.
- Innovative mindset with a passion for staying at the forefront of technology trends.
- Adept at managing budgets, resources, & project timelines.
It would be great if you also have:
- Experience in an internet company.
- Proven experience in high scale systems.
- Leadership of services organizations & customer facing.
- Taboola is the worlds leading recommendation platform reaching over 500 million daily active users. Were growing rapidly, & have recently gone public on the NASDAQ.
- Adam Singolda, Taboola Founder & CEO says; You can copy anything from another business but you cant copy a companys culture.
- If you ask our employees what they love about Taboola they will tell you that here, they are able to discover their best professional selves, explore where they can grow to, & learn from & together with smart & talented people.
- At Taboola, we pride ourselves in making an impact on how people consume content across the world, a culture of transparency, passion, & a diverse, inclusive & friendly work environment.
- You can get to know us more by visiting our company website, careers site, Taboola Life blog & social media channels; Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & LinkedIn
Want to learn more about us, youre welcome to watch the latest News article about Taboola
Sounds good, how do I apply?
Its easy, submit your CV by clicking the Apply button below.
Taboola is an equal opportunity employer & we value diversity in all forms. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees & believe such an environment is critical for success. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, & business need.