Away is a global lifestyle brand that is on a mission to create thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. In support of our mission we are building a best-in-class accounting team, & we are hiring for an Accounts Payable Specialist to help streamline how we work with vendors globally, account for invoices, & manage employee expenses. The ideal candidate will hold themselves to a high standard of executional excellence, & have a passion for accounts payable, a can-do attitude, & a willingness to learn & grow in a fast-paced environment. You will be based in our headquarters in Soho, NYC & report directly to the Accounts Payable Manager.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this position.
What Youll Do
- Manage the accounts payable inbox, enter & code bills in the ERP and/or AP system, & communicate with vendors & business owners to resolve any inquiries or discrepancies.
- Maintain the vendor master file, including new vendor set-up, completion of vendor credit forms & vendor payment set-up
- Initiate bill payments via ACH, check, wire, & credit card in compliance with the Companys policies & procedures
- Be an administrator of the Companys third party T&E platforms, Expensify & Teampay (and any future systems), including the review of employee expense reports & submissions to ensure adherence to Company policy & accuracy over coding
- Reconcile credit card liability accounts
- Facilitate expense analysis & reporting by generating system reports for distribution to business owners
- Facilitate vendor spend reporting & provide analysis as requested by FP&A & business owners
- Help support the accounting team with administrative tasks associated with filings, billings & other tasks.
- Maintain process documentation & look for opportunities to automate & improve daily accounting processes
- Provide support with audits, special inquiries, projects & ad-hoc analysis.
Who You Are
- BS/BA in Accounting or related field
- 1-2 years of accounts payable experience; internship or contract experience is considered
- Ability to apply basic logic & generally accepted accounting principles to your work
- Respect for data privacy, including but not limited to vendor & employee information
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, with strong organizational & time management skills
- Enthusiastic & eager to learn & problem solve, including taking initiative to propose solutions
- Competency in MS Suite, databases, & accounting software (experience with Netsuite or Expensify a plus)
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment.
- Passionate about travel (but thats a given!)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. As a global company, our benefits & perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees wellbeing both inside & outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with snacks & coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to
- do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs & grow your career along the way.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide trainings, & events, were building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent & impact our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
And so much more Dogs in the office, complimentary coffee with coworkers, weekly team lunches, quarterly team outings, & organized volunteer opportunities to give back to our local communities!
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup. We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, were expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness & lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US & abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? Were hiring!