At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered & self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, & customer service. Since our launch in 2009, weve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - & we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable & fast-growing business, with a loyal 11 million members who believe that rental is the future.
The Manager is responsible for guiding & developing teams by motivating, mentoring, & coaching. They are responsible for engaging their team during a shift to maintain the highest levels of safety, production, cost & quality while maintaining a positive employee experience. Managers are servant leaders; dive in, roll up your sleeves to help in any situation, make tools available, remove obstacles for associates to excel in their roles, have empathy & compassion for associates, & the passion & leadership to stand up for them when the time arises.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of all processes & policies
- Actively lead with safety, production, cost & quality at the forefront of all decision making
- Establish & meet KPIs
- Be patient, have strong communication skills & the capability of giving & receiving effective feedback including disciplinary action conversations
- Recruit, screen & select talent at Associate & Team Lead levels
- Implement weekly schedule & manage labor budget
- Ownership & accountability for Team Leads & their execution
- Communicate cross departmentally
- Focus on team & department growth & development
- Design, implement & monitor continuous improvement processes for the team
- Oversee overall productivity of department & workflow
- Be the primary point of contact for team of Associates & Team Leads
- Be comfortable speaking in front of groups of all sizes
- Lead teams through change & embrace continuous improvement
- Partner with Trainers & Team Leads to develop, maintain & apply learning tools
- Communicate feedback to better the operation & the employee experience
- Enforce safety guidelines, cleanliness & security standards
- 3 to 12 years experience leading people & teams
- Capable of making decisions independently
- Have a positive, can-do attitude & excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flex shifts, hours, nights & weekends as business dictates
- Strong written & verbal communication; bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (eg. spreadsheet software, powerpoint/slides) as well as the ability to operate warehouse tools (eg. scanner, ladder, warehouse software)
- Forward-thinkers with the ability to articulate point of view & improve processes
- Ability to quickly recognize, diagnose & solve for challenges & workflow for associates
- Must operate with a sense of urgency & have attention to detail
- Align with the company's Core Values to ensure a world class customer experience
- Ability to lift up to a maximum of 50 lbs based on needs of the role
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & well-being of our employees & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, & business need.