CARMERAs mission is to deliver safe autonomy & mobility for all. To deliver on our mission, we need to capture street-level changes [on a massive scale] using vehicular crowdsourcing & remote optical & telemetry sensing.
In support of this, our Platform Engineering team is seeking to add an IoT Engineer. Ideally, youll have some experience working with cloud technologies. And also writing & deploying code to hardware that isnt in the cloud through multiple release cycles. To be successful you will need to quickly comprehend the interconnected cloud & remote platforms end-to-end. You can build iteratively, even before the perfect, well-defined solution reveals itself. Youre energized by novel problems that require innovative solutions in a collaborative environment.
Your experience will initially be supporting firmware stability & furthering work on edge based object detection & localization. The impact of your work will have a visible & measurable impact across our entire organization. And as always, there will be ample opportunities to learn & work on a variety of exciting projects along the way.
- Design & implement diagnostic systems for field deployed Android Sensors.
- Operationalize an automated testing pipeline.
- Develop & design features for our field deployed Android Sensors.
- Work with vehicular-generated, real-time sensor data.
- Further enable Machine Learning on the edge.
- Work within an Android based Platform (Java or Kotlin).
Wed love to hear from you (required) if:
- You are an Explorer, always learning, adapting & directly engaging with evolving challenges with grace, positivity & a collaborative attitude.
- You have published your own Android application or are currently professionally contributing high quality code (Java or Kotlin) in an Android environment.
- You have worked with RESTful APIs or other messaging architectures & protocols.
- You have high adaptability & flexibility -- you can work cross-functionally, & manage deadline pressure, ambiguity, & change.
- You have been successful in driving design & implementation of backend data processing systems for an evolving product.
- You feel energized by a fast-paced startup environment where project priorities can change frequently, requirements can be fuzzy & iteration is a must.
Strong preference (not required) if:
- You have experience with mobile platforms.
- You have geospatial or mapping experience.
- You have a deeper understanding of the Android Operating System.
- You have experience building software in Python.
- You have experience implementing pretrained Machine Learning frameworks.
- Work on groundbreaking civic challenges cutting across some of the most meaningful innovations of this era, including autonomy, smart cities, IoT, big data & AI
- Be a foundational part of an exceptional, close-knit team who have diverse backgrounds & embrace challenges that are hard but achievable
- Attractive cash & equity compensation package
- Generous benefits package including premium health care plan, free cell phone plans & more
- Currently we're all working remotely, but even before transitioning to WFH, we embraced flexible working norms & time-off
- Generous paid, parental leave
- Telehealth benefits
- Short-term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Supplemental Disability Insurance
INSIDER TIP: Want to elevate your application to the top? A well articulated response to the question about related experience is the best way to guarantee an interview.
*This position is open to applicants currently residing in the continental U.S.*
We are an equal opportunity employer & diversity is critical to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are advocates for justice & overt promoters of marginalized, under-represented groups & individuals.