Convene is looking for a passionate & innovative Project Director who collaborates masterfully with internal & external teams to deliver innovative solutions that surprise & delight end users. As a Project Director, youll be responsible for orchestrating & shepherding multiple complex projects from concept to construction. Your success will stem from your sophisticated understanding of the design & construction industry, your ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams, & knowing how to make things happen. Do you thrive in an environment of collaboration, entrepreneurship, & innovation? Do you understand, value, & practice Human Centered Design thinking? If yes, come join us at Convene.
As a successful candidate, you have:
- Demonstrated success in a dynamic, high-growth environment
- A successful track record of inspirational leadership of both internal & consultant teams, resulting in higher output, quality, & team engagement than industry norms
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal, listening, & written), including client presentation skills & presenting complex concepts
- Lead project consultant teams to ensure that all parties are effectively engaged & operating at their highest capacity.
- Use sophisticated tools & processes to stay ahead of industry standards.
- Responsible for technical reviews, complex code interpretations, & coordinating & overseeing projects.
- Collaborate with internal departments to administer budgets & schedules.
- A professional degree in architecture or interior design
- 8+ years of professional experience
- Advanced knowledge of interiors & design concepts, practices, & workflows
- High level of creativity, innovative thinking, & problem solving
- Excellent sketching & conceptual design skills
- Advanced Revit skills required; strong grasp of parameters & programming workflows preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Smartsheets, Adobe InDesign, Bluebeam, & AutoCAD
Convene designs & services premium places to work, meet, & host inspiring events. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major U.S. cities, with plans to expand globally. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date, & has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by both & Fortune Magazine.
Other recent accolades include:
- 2017-2019 Certified Great Place to Work
- 2018 Fortune Best Small & Medium Workplaces U.S.
- #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
- #30 in 2017 LinkedIn List of Most In-Demand Startups
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together were building a culture that embraces diversity & learning, humility & gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously & strive for a healthy integration between work & personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Convene employee
- Supportive work environment & leaders who are focused on your professional growth
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth. Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to have 65 hours of learning per year.
- Flexible PTO & family leave
- 401k match
- Excellent health coverage for team members & their families
- Company events that highlight our team's passions & hobbies
- Healthy snacks
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, & perspectives.