Art is one of the fastest growing verticals at 1stDibs & we are looking for a Furniture & Art Private Client Specialist to further fuel growth. Are you passionate about creating luxurious, magical experiences while selling rare, unique & elevated product? Are you an eloquent communicator & a people person who loves cultivating relationships & pulling together clients, business partners as well as internal teams to execute with a sales & service mindset? Are you intrinsically motivated by success & numbers & strive to marry luxury goods with distinguished clients? If so, we would love for you to join the 1stDibs family as part of our Private Client Team.
This elite team of specialists owns selling & servicing for our most discerning clientele. As a part of this team, you will nurture existing clientele, cultivate your own book of business & provide high-touch support to our high net-worth collectors.
As a creative luxury sales guru, you will bring 3-5 years of relationship-based selling of furniture & art to high net-worth clientele. While every client interaction necessitates a flexible, tailored approach, you know to also operate with structure, using data to inform your decisions. Comfortable with change, the ability to multi-task, high emotional intelligence, & strong critical thinking will make you flourish in this role.
In return, we offer a collaborative team of some of the most passionate, driven & creative people gathered under one roof. Collectively, we tap into our expertise to ensure our customers receive exemplary experiences, resulting in a consistent increase in sales, happiness & brand loyalty.
What you'll do
- Grow the furniture/art business & establish a book of VIP Buyers, driving repeat purchases through service excellence
- Engage new-to-1stDibs buyers to identify & remove friction in the purchase process; shepherd these buyers through their first several purchases to build loyalty
- Liaise with 1stDibs dealers to negotiate on behalf of clients & improve purchase conversion rates
- Support all pre-and post-purchase service requests to deliver on the 1stDibs brand promise
- Manage all service & sales activity within Salesforce
- Collaborate with a team of experienced & knowledgeable Jewelry Specialists in order to promote cross-category sales, while also providing subject matter expertise in the Art & Furniture categories
- Creatively troubleshoot & remedy any client complaints
What youll bring
- Demonstrated track record of success in luxury sales roles, preferably roles requiring phone-based end to end interactions
- Understanding of when & how to engage with buyers based on where they are in the sales lifecycle; excellent instincts about closing the deal
- Experience with furniture and/or art sales is required
- Validated expertise in building buyer loyalty to increase repeat purchases
- Disciplined, repeatable sales process. Familiarity with CRM platforms such as SalesForce
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, & a demonstrated ability to form relationships with clients & peers
1stdibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, & Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews & onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected & required to return physically to the New York, Denver or Wyboston office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.