Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, & real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established & refined the leading AI platform for real-time event & risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events & emerging risks within an increasingly diverse & complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, & better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, & actionable alerts to public & private sector organizations around the world.
Weve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices & raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, & have fun. Join us & help the world manage risk in real time.
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated self-starter & problem solver interested in the intersection of streaming data, current events, artificial intelligence, business & technology. You are innovative, adaptable, & can balance multiple projects at the same time. You have an analytical mindset & are excited to support Dataminrs strategic growth & operations. In this role you will join Dataminrs Data Analytics team & help discover insights that inform strategic & operational decisions. You will work with large amounts of data, learn best-in-class cloud-based analytics technologies from senior-level mentors, & develop data visualizations that convey strategic insights. Your work will play a critical role in key strategic initiatives designed to make the organization more successful.
- Learn to use best-in-class analytics technologies with Senior-level mentors in Data.
- Establish strong relationships with different stakeholder teams across the company.
- Learn how to become a strategic partner for stakeholder teams in identifying high impact analytical problems & finding innovative ways to tackle these problems via data analysis, visualization & statistical modeling.
- With assistance, execute on high priority analytics initiatives.
- Help to identify new metrics & measurement approaches to further develop product strategy, goaling & experiments.
- Strong knowledge of SQL, Python and/or R.
- Experience with & interest in data visualization.
- Ability to meet deadlines & participate in team deliverables.
- Communication skills & interest in connecting with a broad spectrum of audiences.
- Working knowledge of applied statistics, A/B testing and/or other experimentation methods.
- Demonstrated bias to action; Ability to proactively identify & resolve questions, problems, & opportunities for improvement.
- Demonstrated a track record of sound judgement in balancing practical needs with scientific rigor.
- Some knowledge of user & data privacy.
- Advanced degree in quantitative field.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.