A lot of companies say theyre mission-driven. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, & welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors & collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporations staff designs, builds, & distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product the Firefox browser has expanded into a family of products that protects users & alerts them of risks.
Are you passionate about protecting peoples privacy on the Internet? Does the thought of building & shipping products that can be used by anyone on Internet excite you? Can you empower your team to achieve success by creating structure & driving priorities?
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join the Privacy & Security product team at Mozilla. We build comprehensive full-stack software like Mozilla VPN, Firefox Monitor, Relay, & Containers. We are a vanguard protecting people on the internet. We embody the Mozilla manifesto principle: individuals' security & privacy are fundamental & must not be treated as optional.
What Youll Get To Do
- Lead a geographically distributed team of software engineers building our VPN services & other privacy products
- Ensure that the software your team delivers is high quality, measurable, & maintainable
- Work collaboratively with many teams including product, UX, QA, operations, & data
- Develop & communicate the roadmap, scope, & risks of your teams projects
- Mentor, coach, & provide feedback to your team members for their career development
What You Bring
- 6 years of overall relevant work experience in software development with at least 3 years of people management experience
- Proven track record of successfully leading teams & shipping desktop software projects
- Proficiency with software development practices for issue triage, prioritization, & execution
- Ability to take initiative in a loosely structured environment to guide your team to success
- Experience handling geographically-distributed team members with different skill sets from your own
- Effective & persuasive written & oral communication skills
- Experience in one or more of the following areas
- Software development in C++
- Shipping privacy & security applications
- Standard methodologies in software security & threat modeling
- Benchmarking & performance sensitive design
- Knowledge of the modern web platform.
- Our team requires skills in a variety of domains. We expect everyone on our team to be interested in learning new technologies & motivated to grow their skill set
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open & free is better than closed & controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform & help create more opportunity & innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, & belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices & forms of knowledge are crucial to & enrich the companys core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized & Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities & expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, & to receive other benefits & privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle & texture), religion (including religious grooming & dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.