The Blavity Family is seeking a top performing People Operations Coordinator to join our organization!
We are looking for a People Operations Coordinator for Blavity who will work closely with our the team help keep the office running smoothly & efficiently. The ideal candidate for this role will offer best-in-class hospitality & service, & handle all requests with a can-do attitude. A successful candidate will be self-motivated, have excellent interpersonal skills, & have a knack for solving problems & anticipating needs.
What youll do
- Greet & welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person & office
- Answer, screen & forward incoming phone calls
- Ensure reception area is tidy & presentable, with all necessary stationery & material
- Provide basic & accurate information in-person & via phone/email
- Receive, sort & distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures & controlling access via the reception desk (monitor calendar, issue visitor badges)
- Order front office supplies & keep inventory in stock
- Update calendars & schedule meetings
- Arrange travel & accommodations, & prepare vouchers
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying etc.
- Meet with People Operations & Receptionist to discuss weekly priorities
- Do regular check-ins with both floors to fix any necessary issues
- Office storage
- Company lunches
- Manage large shipments to clients & other Blavity offices/employees
- May occasionally lift and/or move items up to 25 pounds
What you have
- Bachelor's degree
- Proven work experience as a People Operations Coordinator, Front Office Representative or similar role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines & printers)
- Professional attitude & appearance
- Solid written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful & proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking & time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Customer service attitude
Blavity is a venture-funded technology & new media company. We are changing the landscape of media representation by building the worlds largest digital community for black millennials. Blavity was founded in 2014 around a simple idea: enable black millennials to tell their own stories. Today, we operate 5 web properties, average 5 million monthly unique visitors, generate 30-50 million monthly social impressions, & distribute our message across all of the major social media platforms. We have assembled an amazing team of passionate, high-energy, focused rock stars who cultivate our community & advance our strategic direction. We are on the lookout for the newest members of our team.