Want to help people get the financial protection they need & feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare & buy insurance online. Since 2014, weve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer inFintech & helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing & looking for people with grit, great attitudes & creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
About the role...
Do you enjoy solving problems for customers? Are you able to think like a salesperson, problem solve like an analyst & put yourself in someone else's shoes - all while delivering an exceptional customer experience? Yes? Keep reading.
The Client Experience team at Policygenius prides itself on putting our customers at the center of all we do. We work with Inside Sales, Case Management, Customer Success, & Quality Assurance to provide the best insurance shopping experience ever. Our mission is to help smooth out the kinks for clients who have had a bumpy experience. We want our customers to feel at ease--as if they are talking to a friend or family member.
The work we do is no walk in the park--but it is super rewarding & has an immediate tie to Policygenius mission. You will get to exercise problem-solving on-the-fly, out-of-the-box thinking, & versatility. Issues? We'll take care of it. Complexities? We'll solve it. Questions? Were all over it. Intrigued? Then come & join our team!
- Ensure a seamless & transparent customer experience with regular status updates & an emphasis on customer retention & speed to conversion
- Coordinate with appropriate vendors to schedule, reschedule, & track insurance exams & phone interviews for concierge clients
- Collaborate with the case management team with follow-up on outstanding requirements from customers & conduct regular customer follow-up on outstanding underwriting requirements
- Address customers questions about the underwriting process, carrier requirements & other service issues
- Communicate adverse underwriting decisions (impaired risk, postpones & declines) with empathy & tact
- Master the workflows & software systems necessary to carry out your responsibilities
- Partner with the Team Lead and/or Manager to resolve customer escalations as they relate to all parts of the sales & underwriting funnel
- 2+ years of client facing work experience in term life insurance case management, service or sales & Bachelors degree preferred (relevant work experience in lieu of degree)
- A life, accident & health insurance agent or broker license or willingness to obtain in 30 days from hire
- A customer-centered mindset -- motivated by solving problems for customers & your team
- Strong communication & effective listening skills with an attention to detail
- Honesty & integrity you do not cut corners ethically & can be trusted to do the right thing for customers & for the team
- A teamwork mindset -- you take ownership of your work AND your team's success
- The desire to learn & grow professionally & contribute to the success & culture of the company
- A deep appreciation for the power of a well-placed gif
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO [for relevant roles]
- Training, mentorship & coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join (Shhh Its a secret!)