Were seeking a Paralegal to join our legal team in New York. The Paralegal will report directly to the VP, Legal.
What Youll Do:
The legal team at Convene is a small but growing team that acts as a trusted, strategic advisor to senior leadership & provides support for all aspects of the companys expansion. As our first Paralegal, you will play an integral role in developing & expanding the legal function within Convene.
You will be responsible for assisting the Legal team in all facets of work, focusing particularly on corporate governance, liquor licensing, & support for Convenes corporate transactions.
You will work closely with both the legal team & our internal clients, such as Convenes finance, real estate, & operations teams. Additionally, you will be responsible for a variety of other tasks required to support the legal team, including maintaining Convenes entities, supporting the operations team with obtaining liquor licenses, & organization & management of legal records & requests. You may also have the opportunity, to assist the Convene legal team with any other legal matters as may arise.
- Provide time-sensitive support for Convenes corporate, real estate & other strategic transactions from inception to close; including, but not limited to, due diligence, communication with outside counsel, organization of key documents.
- Provide administrative support to the legal team, including contract management & execution, cross-functional coordination, & responding to inquiries from internal clients.
- Assist with the implementation of processes for efficient & streamlined operations surrounding transactions.
- Maintain our contract management systems & other databases.
- Day-to-day management of the corporate governance process, including formation, dissolution & maintenance of Convenes legal entities
- Maintain records for corporate subsidiaries, director & officer information, corporate record keeping, transaction execution, governance policies, & compliance processes
- Provide support to the operations team with obtaining liquor licenses.
- As needed, assist the legal team with the drafting & negotiation of contracts & amendments, & any other tasks as may be required.
- Liaise with other business lines within WeWork & external parties to ensure efficient workflow & handling of requests
What We Look For:
- Bachelors degree required; top school, with high GPA, preferred
- 0 - 3 years in-company or law firm experience as a corporate paralegal.
- Experience with corporate governance, legal documents, & process management highly preferred.
- Extremely strong organizational skills & the ability to manage competing priorities under deadline pressure.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure & entrepreneurial environment.
- Responsible, accountable & results-driven.
- Excellent proofreading, organizational & communication skills.
- Detail-oriented & highly organized.
Who We Are:
Convene designs & services premium places to work, meet, & host inspiring events. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major cities. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date, & has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by both & Fortune Magazine.
For more information: Take a peek into Convenes NYC headquarters & learn more about our award-winning culture in NASDAQs Cultural Capital web series, take a tour of our largest location, & read a case study on how Convene has reinvented commercial real estate.
- Certified Great Place to Work 2017-2020
- 2019 Fortune Magazine #7 Best Workplace in New York
- One of Magazines Best Workplaces 2018
- 2018 Fortune Magazine Best Small & Medium Workplaces U.S.
- 2017 Fortune Magazine #11 Best Workplace in New York
- One of LinkedIns Most In-Demand Startups
- One of Forbes Most Promising Companies
- One of Crains New York Fastest Growing Companies
Were Here For You
At Convene, youll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you & your family
- Medical & insurance navigation support
- Generous paid time off, including an extra day off during the month of your birthday
- 401K match
- Discounts on phone plans & gym memberships
- Professional development support
- Access to healthy meals & snacks at work
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives.