Here at Appian, were passionate about automation, speed, & efficiency; & the CIO department is a great place to apply these values! From Information Security, Business Technology, to Solution Engineering, joining Appian will provide you with the opportunity to lead technical strategy, execution & communication for all applications to support Appian employees, customers, & partners across the world. Join us, as we work collaboratively to grow Appian.
This position is responsible for the design, code, build, & support of security architecture components for securing Appians Cloud & Corporate environments. This position is for you if you seek out building secure solutions in a dynamic team involving cloud computing technologies & multiple security frameworks. As such, we are looking for a person with a strong technical background & a desire to apply that expertise to decisions that have direct customer impact.
Appian is headquartered in the McLean, Virginia area, & we are supportive of both Remote & Hybrid work environments.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Build & code security tooling detections & technology into our existing corporate & customer infrastructures
- Enhance our security engineering infrastructure & systems that are continuously evaluating the threat-landscape for Appians operations & service offerings
- Work directly with technical teams (e.g. Engineering, Cloud, IT) to design, analyze, and/or recommend secure infrastructure & tooling
- Lead/contribute to major projects & initiatives that involve large security tool deployments or engineering efforts
- Work alongside & mentor other junior engineers on the security team
- Contribute ideas to improve the security posture & detections in our security program
- Stay knowledgeable around the cutting edge of information security, threats, tools, & techniques
- 1+ years experience in coding with languages such as Java, Python, Ruby, Go, C, etc.
- 1+ years experience in SaaS, PaaS, IaaS and/or cloud infrastructure development environments (experience with Amazon Web Services is a plus)
- 1+ years experience using various security technologies
- Experience with UNIX or its variants, such as Linux
- Familiar with networking protocols & technologies - TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, etc.
- Familiar with common security frameworks such as the Mitre ATT&CK framework & threat hunting concepts to identify IOCs
- Preferable experience with modern Cloud Native technologies - Kubernetes, Docker, serverless, etc.
- Preferable experience with infrastructure-as-code, security tool development, & automation to secure the cloud with a preference for leveraging/creating open-source security tools
- Effective communicator of technical designs & vision verbally, visually and/or in writing for small to medium sized technical & non-technical audiences
- Excellent at problem solving & a talent for identifying creative solutions
Some of the tools & resources we will equip you with include:
- We value innovation & investment in our people by providing opportunities for growth & leadership. Whether its through Engineering IndieTime (dedicated time to build whatever you want with whomever you want), or annual hackathons, we value activities that inspire others & get creative juices flowing.
- Appian has a large engineering team where you are made to feel autonomous by our engineering business group model. Working within an agile team allows our engineers & leaders to have a sense of community & accomplishment.
- Well immerse you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Our community is strong & growing! Our affinity groups are a great place to start connecting with peers from all across the globe.
Appian helps organizations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.