Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, & Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman & CEO) & Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine's list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud ERP software for our nation's cities, counties, & state agencies. We have surpassed 1,000+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective & accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2021 Top Workplaces USA award winner!
About the Professional Services, Engineer (Data Solutions) role:
OpenGov seeks to expand its proven Customer Success (CS) team with an experienced delivery specialist for data integrations. The CS team is focused on making our 1500+ customers wildly successful. The Data Solutions Engineer will be responsible for driving successful customer data integration implementations from start to finish, including database schema management, configuring ETL tools, & scripting, as required, to enable customers to maximize their OpenGov value.
As a trusted advisor with deep database expertise & data migrations expertise, the Data Solutions Engineer will understand the customer's goals, pain points, & workflows. OpenGov is seeking an experienced specialist with great customer interaction skills & strong technical acumen in databases, programming, & modern analytics platforms.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
• 3+ years SQL scripting experience
• 1+ years Python, or similar, experience
• Experience with financial concepts, such as Fund Accounting, Accrual Basis, & Tax Reporting
• 2+ years of experience in professional services delivery
• Strong experience with database technologies
• Strong interpersonal skills & track record of building collaborative relationships
• Nice to have: Experience with ETL tooling
• Nice to have: Experience in the Utility Billing space
• Nice to have: Experience working with Governments
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing product & respond strategically to customer needs
• Be the primary technical point of contact for new customer integrations or those expanding to implement additional functionality
• Drive & manage new integrations implementations from start to finish
• Confirm customer requirements & needs & provide guidance, assistance, & support to customers in the integrations solution
• Interact directly with government Finance, Budget Directors, & IT personnel daily & guide them through the integrations process
• Understand customer pain points & partner with cross-functional teams to simplify, enhance & automate existing processes that will improve customer workflow
• Work closely with the Project Management, Customer Success Management, & Integration • Management teams to facilitate & drive a consistent customer experience & ensure successful projects for customers
• Compliment key product discussions by gathering & communicating customer feedback & feature requests to ensure OpenGov is a must have solution.”
• Create requirements documentation based on customer feedback or project needs
• Write SQL scripts to assist data migration