VICE seeks a Senior Data Analyst to join its Growth team. This role will be responsible for strategic support of the company's content efforts through new topic opportunity assessment, publishing & distribution forecasting, social listening, competitive analysis, & user behavioral analysis.
Senior leadership depends heavily on the Growth group to accurately goal, test & learn as well as lead the strategic analysis that is used to inform important business & content decisions.
The analyst position will work closely with the VP of Growth & Publishing. The role will be an integral member of the Growth team & be responsible for providing support & analysis across the breadth of work provided by the team.
A sample of work could include:
- Design & implement reports that track key business metrics & deliver actionable insights to internal partners.
- Build learning loops in which:
- user experiences generate insights used to drive growth & engagement across platforms.
- Global creatives can use immediate data sets from platforms to inform content strategy
- Grow the scale & engagement of VICEs audience on all platforms, & create & measure OKRs against monthly, quarterly, & annual audience growth & loyalty objectives
- Collect & interpret data to allow for rapid product & content experimentation.
- Conducting market research, tracking & compiling industry trends & competitive analysis.
- Empathize with global audiences to identify meaningful data trends that will inform personalized experiences.
- Ownership of key metrics communications, like post-mortem analyses to determine areas for optimization & improvement.
- Creating insightful presentations that summarize analysis & presenting them to groups of VICE managers & executives to influence decision-making.
- Advise employees from other groups who are working on problems involving data.
- Not above or below data cataloging, monitoring, dashboard creation, ad-hoc reporting, data integrations, data mining, market research, & deep dive analyses measuring our various datasets.
- 4-6 years of experience in a top management consulting firm, investment bank and/or entertainment/digital media company as an analyst, or a similarly demanding environment in which complex modeling & analysis is performed.
- High aptitude & enthusiasm for complex problem solving utilizing financial modeling & analysis, including great Excel skills.
- Comfort manipulating & analyzing large data sets from varying sources
- Answer questions by using appropriate statistical techniques on available data.
- Ability to balance a fast-paced working environment with the need for precision
- Ability to work both independently & cross-functionally within a team
- Deep proficiency in SQL
- Experience with an analysis tool such as R, MATLAB, or SAS
- Deep experience with at least one scripting language, ideally Python
- Very strong capabilities for writing, facilitating & presenting analyses
- Familiarity with social platforms' native insights offerings (Facebook Analytics, Google Analytics, Twitter Analytics, YouTube Analytics, etc.) and third-party tools like Tubular or CrowdTangle.
- You are a serial hypothesis tester who is skeptical of any insight until you thoroughly investigate the underlying data. You know how & where to spot emerging trends
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services / Google Cloud Platform
- Experience implementing, building with BI tools like Domo, Looker, Mode or Tableau
- Familiarity with fundamentals of social listening, & could use tools like Crimson Hexagon, Sysomos, Netbase, to drive insights.
- Understands how consumer behavior varies across different social networks
- Familiarity with the inner workings of news, content or native advertising organization
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application & selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create & maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion & diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion & diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers & viewers, & our company culture. We treat all applicants & employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity & expression, marital status & partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking & sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
- Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements & essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list & instead are meant to describe the general nature & level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes & is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.