Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education & employment. Almost a decade later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. Weve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, & more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year & helps them lead better lives, join us!
We are seeking a Brand Designer with a multidisciplinary style & a passion for storytelling. This role collaborates with the Marketing team by creating impactful visual communications & content across all marketing channels, from digital ads & emails to infographics & social media. This role presents a great opportunity to bring expressiveness to our brand & to collaborate with marketers, writers, & designers to build creative ways to bring the Codecademy story to life. Your work will empower millions of people worldwide to learn how to code & create something. Together, we can redesign education & create the best online learning experience.
What youll do
- Evolve the Codecademy brand across multiple channels & mediums, including digital ads, emails, social media, video, animation, & more
- Set design strategy & direction for brand campaigns, product launches, & educational materials
- Collaborate with other designers, writers, marketers, & others to guide our brand forward
- Work closely with marketing channel leads to create visual content that helps nurture learners through the user journey
- Work among a talented team of designers, providing one another feedback & perspective, driving for a cohesive experience across all touch points
- Work with agency partners to help visually communicate our brand positioning across the web & through video
What youll need
- 3+ years experience in a brand-specific, design-related field at a design agency or in-house team
- Portfolio that demonstrates exceptional visual storytelling, meticulous execution, & an ability to tell complex stories with simplicity
- Strong portfolio that highlights a broad range of work across email, paid advertising, social media, & in-product channels
- Excellent communication, presentation, & collaboration skills
- Willingness to embrace an iterative design process & receptive to feedback
- Fluency in a variety of design tools including Figma, & the Adobe Suite
- Ability to independently drive multiple projects at a time, meet tight deadlines, & push projects further than expected
- Strong attention to detail
What will make you stand out
- A passion for communication & storytelling
- A portfolio with outstanding video work
- Experience designing with code (e.g. HTML email templates, CSS, etc.)
- Comfortable using animation for both marketing & product assets
- Experience using shared design systems (e.g. Abstract) in your workflow
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of users with our product & in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- & works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds & beliefs are empowered to better their futures.