Index Exchange is looking for aVP, People Operationsto direct the ideation, design, development, & flawless execution of global HR programs & turn people data into insights in support of our positive culture & performance.
This person will ensure that programs are competitive, sustainable, scalable, & have an impact on the long & short-term performance of the entire global organization.
He/she will report to the EVP, People & help drive continuous improvement within the People function, drawing on external & internal best practices & leading-edge industry thinking on the HR function.
Heres what we want:
Knowledgeable:The VP, People Operations will support all IX global employees through HR operations & be a subject matter expert on policy, compliance, HR Tools, & global payroll & benefits programs. In addition, leading our HRBP group. You must have experience managing these functions through a global lens, with expertise in change management & process improvement as we continue to evolve our people operations strategy.
Collaborative:Working in lockstep with the IX People team, finance, & compliance, this role will require strong communication to solve problems,curate process, establish protocol & best practices for Index Exchanges globally.
Analytical:A metrics & data-driven HR leader who is able to assess, measure, & analyze results/effectiveness of HR process & programs at scale. A successful VP, People Operations at IX will be comfortable with understanding & interpret data to validate process as it relates to business objectives. Theyll be a master of excel & creating sophisticated models & workbooks from scratch.
Leader:This role will require strong communication & management skills & lead the global HR operations & HRBP team supporting international employees, compensation & benefits, HR systems & documentation integrity. As well as developing programs to align HRBPs as business partners to the business.
Heres what youll be Doing:
- Direct the planning, design, implementation, maintenance, & administration of all compensation & benefits programs to maintain organizational objectives & a competitive position in the marketplace; management of health & welfare, retirement savings, & payroll
- Oversee the development of incentive, bonus, & commission plans for the enterprise, ensuring that they are designed to drive employee performance in line with business objectives, are market competitive, legally sound & managed/administered accurately & effectively.
- Own & manage global benefits & compensation frameworks ensuring consistency & alignment throughout the company & with the market
- Actively research opportunities for continuous improvement whether that be system enhancements & upgrades or exploring new vendors
- Develop communications strategies & material to create clarity & understanding around HR systems & be able to present to a technical & non-technical audience
- Liaise with finance to optimize value, reduce risk, evaluate options, & make recommendations to executive management
- Effectively communicate trends, legislation changes, & other relevant related data on a timely basis to the management team & when appropriate, recommend a course of action to effectively manage impacted/assigned plans
- Partner with Legal & compliance on data privacy & security matters & other HR-related industry standards & compliance requirements
- Manage external partnerships with legal & other vendors to ensure consistency of company standards & compliance of local HR law
- 8-10 years of leadership experience in designing, implementing & providing direction to compensation, benefits, payroll & HRIS functions, with some international exposure preferred
- Bachelors degree required. Masters in HR, Finance or MBA highly desirable
- Experience preparing & presenting required summaries for executive review
- Proven ability to provide vision & leadership to a team of total rewards & people data professional, as well as HRBP
- Track record of working cross-functionally & collaboratively at all levels.
- Proven to be an excellent manager & team capacity builder
Why youll love working here:
- Work out of our downtown office in Toronto
- Open concept office designed to facilitate communication & collaboration
- Free snacks & drinks all day, with lunch catered in daily
- We don't have a dress code & offer flexible work hours
- Annual celebrations (Summer BBQ, Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) & milestone outings
- Full healthcare benefits, paid vacation, unlimited sick days, 5% RRSP matching, discounted gym memberships & more
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate the diversity of race, colour, & ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification- diversity is the human experience. for those who show grit, passion, & humility- IX will welcome you.
Index Exchange is committed to working with & providing access & reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you'd like to request a reasonable accommodation.