Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data & its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms & innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation & vehicle history.
CarGurus is looking for an Senior Test Automation Manager/Architect to join our engineering team in Cambridge, MA. If you are a self-motivated testing automation engineer who thrives in collaborating with different engineering teams in a fast-paced environment, using data to guide decisions & is looking to modernize the CarGurus testing infrastructure,then you have found the right place.
As a Senior Test Automation Manager/Architectyou will be responsible for drivingthe testing automation vision for the Engineering teams at CarGurus. You will build a team that will be deeply engaged in the software development lifecycle process by mapping out & implementing testing automation strategies to productionize features that have moved out of the prototyping phase into a full-fledge status on the CarGurus site.
This is a hands-on role, so we're looking for enthusiasm to roll up your sleeves as you build up your team.
What Youll Do:
- Build out a roadmap for creating full regression test suites (functional, integration, unit, load, performance)for the highest value features that are currently in use in Production
- Coordinate execution of this roadmap with your team & other Engineering teams
- Define proper testing automation practices & coach other Engineering teams to ensure code is built using patterns that facilitate testing automation
- Utilize data to help you identify biggest opportunities for automation
- Oversee the testing services & tools that are integrated into our CI environment
Who You Are:
- 7+ years of software testing automation experience
- Expertise with Java or similar object-oriented languages
- Deep experience & understanding of automated testing approaches, tools (eg. Selenium) & techniques (e.g., unit, functional, integration, load, performance)
- Strong understanding of MySQL or similar relational databases
- Strong analytical sense - let data be your guide
- Experience with Git
- Drawn to & thrive in a fast-paced environment that pushes code daily
- Has a pragmatic approach to determining when something is good-enough
- Ability to design a testing strategy/architecture that enables tests to be run at scale in a reasonable amount of time
- Able to manage a team independently, as well as collaboratively
- Experienced with working on teams that building scalable websites (e-commerce) or large-scale applications
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field (preferred)
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity & collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible & hardworking. We have a great respect for testing & learning & a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball & ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK & Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI & Dublin, Ireland. If youd like to learn more, please visit our careers page.