Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart that enables anyone to build a beautiful online presence. Product designers at Squarespace are embedded within teams alongside product managers & engineers. Our product teams are deeply collaborative, & each member is directly responsible for the teams success.
We are looking for a talented Senior Product Designer to help guide the direction of the Unfold App, which is part of our suite of Squarespace products. You will be challenged in an organization that values vision, execution, creativity, & persistence. You will take ownership of our product by solving complex problems around the creation & management of social media content in simple, elegant ways with a deep understanding of our users' workflows. This includes creating, editing, styling, planning, & publishing social media content. Youll be responsible for improving the current experience, but also working on new features that will redefine the future of the product.
This role reports to the Design Manager of Unfold. We are open to this role sitting onsite in NYC or working 100% remotely.
- Collaborate on project briefs & scoping
- Create rational, articulable, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Create wireframes & early-stage prototypes
- Continually seek to understand the capabilities & technical constraints of the systems with which youll be working
- Deliver polished comps, flows & assets to team members
- Participate in user research & testing, ensuring usability & product consistency
- Follow both large & small projects through, beyond delivery
- Improve existing design solutions while also continuing to evolve our brand language
- 4+ years of experience in a product environment
- Well versed in, & opinionated about visual & user experience design
- Well rounded understanding of information architecture
- Idealistic, yet pragmatic
- Love of iterative development
- Experience developing great software
- Experience using design software like Figma or Sketch & prototyping tools like Principle or Framer
- A solid understanding of how mobile native applications work
- A good understanding of iOS & Android specific patterns
- A deep-seated awareness of what makes a great product experience
- Ability to focus in an ever-shifting internal & external landscape
- Prior experience with the challenges of building a mobile publishing or social media platform, & a deep understanding of mobile technologies is a plus.
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement & how you contributed to solving specific problems.
Our Product Design team is made up of designers from a variety of backgrounds & we value the diverse perspective this brings; therefore, we do not require a certain degree (Bachelors, Masters) in order to be considered.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.