Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, & gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, & user experience. We are growing quickly, & this is the time to get on board & play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
You will aid the Computer Vision teams working on pose tracking, dense mapping, eye tracking, etc. in validating algorithm performance. This work involves using external high precision instruments like Vicon/Optitrack motion capture systems, LIDAR scanners, & other embedded devices to collect ground truth data for algorithm development & testing.
- Daily activities will include data capture with existing systems & operating motion capture & 3D scanner equipment.
- Calibration of wearable devices to ground truth systems.
- You will work closely with rapid prototyping mechanical & electrical engineers creating props & tools for system integration.
- You will collect, verify, & analyze data in high-throughput scenarios from a number of inputs.
- A successful applicant will be comfortable working with complex hardware & software & be able to debug common problems
- Meticulous with logging of collection data so that all collected data is usable.
- Experience with Linux OS & command-line tools
- Python or other scripting language experience
- Understand virtual environments
- Experience with data collection or motion capture systems
- Capable of working in a team or an individual capacity
- Familiarity with AR/VR technology
- Experience working with git
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Engineering or a related field
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.