WHO ARE WE?
The tech team builds the systems & apps that communicate with our customers, warehouses, customer service, payment providers, & more. In short, we create & manage the systems that keep the business running and, more importantly, make dogs happy. We work collaboratively (no such thing as a dumb question) & scientifically (test & measure whenever we can), while taking the work--but not ourselves--too seriously. We generally work on squads of engineers, product designers, data analysts, QA & product management. We also work closely with stakeholders throughout the company to get things done. We see technology as a means to an end; we love solving problems & making the most of our time!
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a QA Engineer to help build automated tools for our manual QA team to test new features & monitor the live site. Youll work closely with the QA team, tech ops, & developers to keep bugs away from our Ruby on Rails site, mobile apps, & automated communication channels.
- Product Focus: Participate in the ideation & planning of features to set the team up for success.
- Technical: Write well-designed, easily maintained, user-friendly tools to help QA move fast & scale.
- Leadership: You identify opportunities to squash repetitive tasks, avoidable errors, & inefficiencies.
- Collaboration: You are someone who people want to work with. It's not only that you have great ideas, it's that you make other people better too.
- 2+ years of programming experience
- Experience working with a relational database
- QA experience on production websites
- Experience testing mobile apps a plus
- Previous start up experience highly preferred
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- An entrepreneurial spirit & ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- You are comfortable with diving in to understand & build on an existing codebase
- Experience with Rails, selenium, & capybara a plus
- Must love dogs
This position is a full time position. It is located on-site at our office in New York. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
ABOUT BARK (copy does not change, always in BARK blue)
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.