As a Data Engineer, you will play a key role in designing & driving our data integration pipelines, ETL/ELT, & analytic strategies across our enterprise. In this role you will be bringing modern data technologies & practices to enable our talented team of data scientists to build, train, & deploy ML models. You will partner with all data teams at Shutterstock to understand requirements & collaborate on providing solutions at scale.
- Determine optimal solutions for integrating data from a variety of sources
- Implement, maintain & monitor batch & stream data pipelines with best practice quality controls
- Evaluate relevant new & mature technologies as needs, gaps, & opportunities arise
- Work closely & collaboratively in an Agile environment with our analysts, engineers & product teams to analyze issues & find new insights covering our business & operations
- Collaborate with our other data teams, as they are customers
- Ability to identify problem patterns & apply solutions that enable our team to accelerate delivery
- Proficiency [4+ years] in Java or Scala, & Python
- Experience in stream processing technology (Kafka, Kinesis, Spark, Storm, Samza, Flink, etc)
- Knowledge of SQL, data modeling & dimensional modeling concepts
- Distributed & low latency (streaming) application architecture
- Familiarity with API design
- CI/CD systems experience (Jenkins, Github, etc)
- Experience adhering to robust audit standards
- AWS experience
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering related experience
- Knowledge of emerging data integration technologies
- Spark Streaming, Kafka Streams, Kafka Connect, etc
- Exposure to Kubernetes & Helm
- Data Science & model deployment pipeline experience
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks such as H2O, scikit-learn or similar tools
- Strong expertise/background with Linux
We are one team collectively focused on creating an unrivaled experience for our Customers & Contributors. Our principles represent the mindset of the employee who will thrive at Shutterstock. If you are passionate about what you do, & want to become part of a cutting-edge technology company building industry leading products, please apply.
Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK), directly & through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 1 million contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, & currently has more than 297 million images & more than 16 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world & customers in more than 150 countries. The companys brands also include Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat, a curated royalty-free music library; & Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com and follow Shutterstock on Twitter and on Facebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V