About Stride Consulting
We build custom software for companies like Spotify, Codecademy, & Casper!
Stride Consulting is a values-driven, engineering-centric company. We are developers who value diversity & continuous learning. Our core values, created by Striders for Striders, are our guiding principles in everything we do: Nurture the curious impulse, Build our working relationships to be the best they can be, Make it better than you found it, Collaborate like the work depends on it, & Challenge systems. Read more about our core values here!
All of our Consulting Software Developer positions are remote in Charlotte, NC; Denver, CO; & Chicago, IL.
As a Strider, youll find a learning opportunity that is unmatched. You will:
- Be part of a values-driven culture, one that has a 4.6 star Glassdoor review & has won Crains Best Places to Work 3 years in a row
- Write high-quality code with some of the smartest engineers in town - work for one company, impact many!
- Immerse yourself in a learning journey thats second to none. Nowhere else will you find the variety that being a consultant brings
- Mentor & be mentored. Learning weaves a thread through all that we do
What youll be doing
- Lead medium & small projects, including guiding the team to make strategic technical decisions to enable delivery outcomes, set expectations with & maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with client engineers & with other Striders & product/design to drive delivery of complex features while improving the code quality & architecture of the application. Consistently build software that lasts, with low defect rates, downtime, & maintenance.
- Proactively set & manage stakeholder expectations as the project & engagement evolve over time. Proactively contribute to shaping meaningful consultant goals.
- Drive choices on technologies & frameworks in greenfield projects. Influence improvements to existing applications.
- Guide teams to build technical processes that best solve for project constraints, such as time, scope & budget; as well as unique project constraints with performance, compliance, & security
- Advocate for XP & agile practices, including the benefits of each practice & how they reinforce each other, such as version control, continuous integration, & continuous deployment. Work to enable the team to own their path to production when possible. Strategically & incrementally use agile practices that are best for the projects unique constraints & business needs.
- Teach & mentor team members in new skills (e.g. frameworks, languages) & engineering practices such as testing, version control, & design.
- Use your knowledge of the product lifecycle & guide the team to consistently deliver working software solutions as early as possible. Build a solution & testbase that can be responsibly transitioned to client teams. Onboard & train clients into the new systems & processes that have been created for further development & operation.
Youre a fit for Stride if you have
- Expertise with a variety of agile practices, e.g. pairing, TDD, & team events facilitation: e.g. planning, demos, retrospectives
- Experience working with large legacy systems or experience building up greenfield projects
- Experience building CI pipelines & implementing CD best practices
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure), and\or infrastructure as code (CloudFormation, Terraform)
- An understanding & can speak to tradeoffs of different technical approaches, e.g. object-oriented programming vs. functional programming, monolith vs. microservice architecture
- Experience building partnerships with teammates & stakeholders. Takes an empathetic approach to setting & managing expectations & facilitates relationships
- Proven ability to level up peers through mentorship
What you can expect from us
- A sustainable, inclusive work environment with fulfilling experiences geared toward continuous learning on things that interest you
- 20 days paid time off & 8 company-observed paid holidays
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Company-matched 401k
- $2,000 for self-directed professional development & hours dedicated to learning & development
- Health insurance - medical, dental, & vision
- Pre-tax benefits - commuter, FSA, HSA
- Income protection - life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability
- One Medical & LiveHealth Online
- Discounts on pet insurance
Stride Consulting is committed to equal treatment & opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, & employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Stride Consulting is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, & an environment free from discrimination, harassment, & retaliation.