About the role...
The Policygenius Content Team is dedicated to making complex personal finance topics easy to understand & fun to read about! The Media Relations Manager will work to drive press coverage for Policygenius, while promoting its content, products, services, business leaders & in-house experts. This role will report to the Associate Director of Media Relations.
In this role, you will
- Identify media opportunities & secure coverage for Policygenius in all types of media, including broadcast, print & digital channels
- Collaborate with the Associate Director of Media Relations to produce high-quality, informative & attention-getting press releases & related materials
- Develop & manage relationships with journalists, partners & other external contacts
- Identify media opportunities & speaking engagements for our team of in-house experts
- Help manage & grow a system for media outreach to encourage aggregation of our articles
- Establish, track & report on KPIs, while routinely meeting or exceeding goals
We'd love to hear from you if
- You have a strong writing & communication skills, particularly in writing press releases & pitches to reporters that garner coverage
- You possess a keen instinct for recognizing newsworthy stories & pitching angles that arent immediately obvious
- You have at least 3+ years experience in media/public relations, communications, journalism or similar field
- You're able to cultivate & manage relationships with members of the media; established relationships with journalists at top-tier outlets a plus
- You are obsessive about attention to detail & have strong organizational skills
- Excitement about joining a fast-growing startup
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship & coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, & buy insurance, all in one place. Our CEO & co-founder, Jennifer Fitzgerald, is one of only four women in the US fintech space to raise over $50 million in venture capital funding, & weve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance, placing over $35 billion in coverage to date.
At Policygenius, were proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (weve doubled in size year over year!), weve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, & humor, & we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, & creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why weve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated & is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives & opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, & excellence across all parts of our company, & are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination & harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements & individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!