Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart whose mission is to be the all-in-one platform for anyone who wants to stand out. You will be challenged in an organization that values vision, execution, & persistence. You will take ownership of our product by solving complex problems in simple, elegant ways. Product designers at Squarespace are embedded within product teams that are deeply collaborative, & each member is directly responsible for the team's success.
Video is the most compelling medium of our time. It allows you to learn a new skill, share a heartwarming moment, or even make a living. We're looking for a Senior Product Designer excited about the potential video has for our creators. Our creators are passionate about what they do & video is a perfect vehicle to share that passion. We're not settling with the baseline video experience on today's web, we're in pursuit of defining the potential for our creators. Help us build the future of video for the millions of creators using our service.
You'll collaborate with a Senior Staff Product Designer on the Video team & report to the Product Design Manager.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Attain & maintain a deep understanding of our customers
- Create prototypes to evaluate the viability, feasibility, & marketability of our bets
- Collaborate with product & engineering teams from concept, delivery, & post-delivery engagement metrics
- Help determine key metrics to track success & business impact
- Maintain clear team alignment around goals & priorities
- Partner with research on testing plans & ways to measure success
- Facilitate user research & testing, ensuring usability & product consistency
- Work with our Design Systems team to ensure your work integrates into our ecosystem
- 4+ years of experience
- Deep experience with sketching, wireframes, visual design, & prototyping for product experiences
- Experience facilitating user research & usability testing
- Demonstrated understanding of information architecture & service design
- Demonstrated experience using a systems approach to design
- Presentation & storytelling skills with the ability to tailor your context to different audiences
- Passion for our product & the impact that it has in the world
- A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration
- Our Product Design team is made up of designers from a variety of backgrounds & we value the diverse perspective this brings; therefore, we do not require a certain degree (Bachelor's, Master's) in order to be considered.
- While not required, experience designing for a product or service where video is an integral part is a huge plus.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.