Company Description|Job Description
PubMatic is a publisher-focused sell-side platform for an open digital media future. Featuring leading omni-channel revenue automation technology for publishers & enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic's publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing over 2 trillion+ ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to drive publisher monetization & control over their ad inventory. Since 2006, PubMatic's focus on data & technology innovation has fueled the rise of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices & six data centers worldwide.
The Network Operations Center (NOC) team lead will be responsible for first & second level support for a wide variety of systems & processes supporting our platform. This individual will perform routine tasks to maintain system, application & network services. In this role the individual is required to work shifts (rotating shifts). Supporting, troubleshooting of internal & external systems relying on pre-established guidelines is required in this role.
- Manages the team by effectively communicating job expectations & goals & driving accountability; planning, monitoring, & appraising job results; coaching, counselling, developing personal growth opportunities.
- Proactively ensures the highest levels of systems & infrastructure availability.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity & availability of systems & key processes, reviewing system & application logs, & verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
- Provides support for operations to resolve critical issues quickly.
- This may include occasional off-hours & weekend work & periodic on-call support.
- Be a main point of contact for communication ensuring that all stakeholders are aware of NOC services status & issues, coordinate activities, P1 & P2 incidence on time & as per defined SLA.
- The primary responsibility will be creating & implementing integrated communications.
- Defines KPI & metrics for business processes & methods for measuring & monitoring.
- Collate feedback on process performance.
- Measure & monitor the effectiveness of processes to ensure consistent value delivery.
- Works with operations & engineering teams to perform incident root cause analysis.
- Assist in developing, & documenting actions to assure problem resolution or to implement corrective/preventive action & document resolution;
- Monitors & tests application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, & work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Translates business requirements into system specifications & functional designs by producing documents on how to implement changes to the system.
- Oversees the execution of testing strategies applicable to the systems of interest.
- Oversees & recommends systems enhancements to the business issues & process challenges for the organization.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by management.
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency of support & monitoring
The Ideal Candidate will Possess the Following Additional Education & Experience
- Manages direct supervisors, coordinates activities of NOC with direct responsibility for results, including costs, methods & staffing.
- In some instances this lead member of the team will be responsible for a functional area & may not have any direct reports
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of a situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Follows processes & operational policies in selecting methods & techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Acts as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve problems.
- Develops & administers schedules, performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities.
- Frequently interacts with direct reports, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives & determines how to use resources to meet schedules & goals.
- Provides guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies.
- Recommends changes to policies & establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
Education & Experience:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information sciences, or related field preferred.
- Proven ability to script, manage, & automate NOC processes.
- At least 10+ years of work experience.
- RHCSA, RHCE, CCNA & ITIL certifications recommended.
- Exceptional knowledge of computer hardware, including Super micro & Dell servers.
- Knowledge for Monitoring tools like Nagios, Observium etc.
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don't just value diversity, we promote & celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.