Who we are
Big or small, all teams deserve the best. Justworks is leveling the playing field for growing businesses with access to corporate-level benefits, seamless payroll, HR tools, & compliance supportall in one place. With our simple platform & exceptional customer service, we are taking the busyness out of running a business & helping more teams achieve their potential.
At Justworks, youll enjoy a welcoming & casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, & the ability to interact with & learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard & care about our most prized asset - our people. If youd like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful & having fun while doing it, wed love to hear from you.
The Public Relations Associate is equal parts writer, storyteller, news junkie, & media relations pro. You will develop & drive successful PR & strategic communications campaigns & lead proactive outreach around product, brand, & leadership storylines that build Justworks external visibility with the media & key audiences. If you have a knack for working cross-functionally with executives & colleagues at all levels, strong project management skills, & do your best work under tight deadlines, this role is for you.
What you'll do
- Create & pitch compelling stories that resonate with media
- Proactively build relationships with national & regional tech & business reporters
- Play an integral role on the marketing team, working cross-functionally to bring brand initiatives, product announcements, customer stories, & Justworks to life
- Support spokespeople for media interviews, external speaking engagements, & on opportunities for thought leadership
- Support development of press releases & market-specific messaging for product launches & key company news
- Evaluate & coordinate inbound press & interview requests, manage award opportunities for Justworks, develop talk tracks for owned panels & speaking engagements, & build out our speakers bureau for key executives
- Track & measure PR results against team benchmarks
- Own PR resources (media list database, press kit, briefing materials, fact sheets, etc.)
- Constantly follow the news & keep the team informed of industry trends, competitor activity, & news-jacking opportunities
Who you are
- 3+ years of experience with a PR agency or in-house team at a notable B2B brand or tech company, ideally with some relevant personal media relationships
- Proven track record representing brands externally & securing impactful media coverage (we will ask for samples)
- Excellent organizational, written, & oral communication skills, as well as an aptitude for independent project management & execution
- Ability to multi-task & execute top-notch work against tight deadlines
- Creative thinker who comes to the table with conversation-driven story ideas & media angles
- Familiarity with PR reporting & media database tools, such as Muck Rack, Cision, PR Newswire, etc.
- Passion for entrepreneurship, small business, or a side hustle is a plus
- Knowledge of AP style
- Bachelors degree in journalism, communications, public relations or related field required
Please provide a resume, cover letter, & two writing samples (examples of secured coverage is welcome).
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks vision is for all identities, backgrounds & expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success & intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative & inclusive space & company culture.
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.