At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft Office of the CIO (OCIO) provides reliable, secure & resilient technology services & solutions to support over 5000 Lyft team members & associates. The Corporate Application Engineering Director creates & directs the roadmap for global application development, testing, & support, including data integration across a diverse & decentralized computing environment. Leading a team of highly skilled technical team members.
This manager of managers role oversees business systems & analytics architecture, employs strong functional business knowledge for decision making, & uses strong proficiency with business process re-engineering & large-scale system implementations to support the scale & growth of the company. Example enterprise applications we support are: Oracle ERP, Workday HCM, & Salesforce CRM. They ensure that corporate application roadmap, projects, & portfolios are defined, tracked, & communicated in a consistent & effective manner, incorporating effective release, & change & risk management controls within an end-to-end service delivery model.
- Service delivery & operation of corporate applications for the broader Lyft team members including Oracle ERP, Workday HCM, & Salesforce CRM
- Defines & executes on the tactical & strategic roadmap for Corporate Applications Engineering.
- Accountable for portfolio projects & ensuring that service delivery is feasible, timely, cost-effective, secure, compliant, & high quality.
- Lead a team of technical enterprise application professionals & managers to ensure that strategic & tactical decisions for business tools & applications are effectively carried out.
- Responsible for taking proof-of-concept to mission critical services for Finance, Legal, Sourcing, Sales, & People teams.
- Leads strategic technological planning as it relates to applications & cloud-based distributed systems to achieve business goals by prioritizing technology initiatives & coordinating the evaluation, development, deployment, & management of current & future application technologies with all stakeholders.
- Drives architectural change to support application migration to cloud technologies, where applicable & introduces automation & orchestration of manual processes to improve efficiency.
- Manages the expenses, both operating & capital, for the Corporate Application Engineering budget in conjunction with the finance controllers to ensure all funding requests follow the appropriate tech governance processes.
- Ensures compliance with quality & security processes & procedures, identifying & addressing any compliance issues.
- Develops & implements policies, procedures & guidelines (including SOX) to ensure the quality of financial data & performs regular data audits; resolves data integrity issues.
Skills & Attributes:
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) on enterprise software, particularly with a focus on Oracle ERP, Workday HCM, & Salesforce CRM along with their supporting boundary applications.
- A customer-centric approach to work, flexible & adaptable & able to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
- Excellent stakeholder management experience.
- Solid prioritization management skills & ability to multitask in conflicting priorities.
- Prior experience leading digital transformations & designing modern technology delivery capabilities Cloud, Dev/Ops, continuous development/deployment, agile methodologies, analytics, artificial intelligence, & RPA & automation.
- Superior negotiation skills: Proven track record of successfully negotiating with large high profile suppliers & vendors. Ability to analyze & influence business terms & conditions with vendors to ensure minimum risk related to company purchases.
- Proven ability to develop & implement a strategic applications roadmap to build & achieve a best-in-class organization.
- Intellectually curious with a strong bias to action.
- Full understanding of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) best practices & strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience in using Atlassian Jira (or similar tools) & agile iterative development methodologies, sprint planning, & change management.
- Provides strong leadership in the recruitment, training & development of top-quality enterprise application talent, ensuring the high level of performance & productivity.
- Builds morale, motivates & instills productivity & teamwork, creates & promotes a positive & supportive work environment.
- Proven experience managing software vendors & contract requirements.
- Knowledge of API, Web Services, REST & middleware technologies.
- Demonstrate an inclusive & globally aware approach.
- Ability & flexibility to operate in a remote hybrid environment across multiple time zones.
- Maintain an environment of continuous personal & professional development for yourself & your team.
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States & Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completion of the entire recommended series of vaccination (usually one or two doses) with a vaccine authorized to prevent COVID-19 by the federal Food & Drug Administration (FDA), including by way of an emergency use authorization. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state & local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.