Hi, were Oscar. Were a fully licensed health insurer. Our goal is to make healthcare simple, transparent, & human.
We are changing how health insurance works by creating a healthcare experience thats intuitive & puts people first. Were using a consumer-focused & tech-driven approach to do so. This positions us uniquely in the space - & creates one of the biggest opportunities in healthcare.
We brought together leaders from top technology, service & healthcare companies to deliver on our promise & seize this opportunity. We all work side by side in a collaborative, energetic, & creative environment. The result: better people, better ideas, & better healthcare.
What is the position
In this role, you will join Insurance Strategy & Analytics which is a critical function within the CFO department that drives the optimization of Oscars growth & profitability with a unique combination of quantitative modeling, business intuition on decision trade-offs, & end-to-end strategic management that transforms ideas to decisions & execution.
- Work with head of function to build out all aspects of the team including model development, building process & governance structure, where you will have a direct influence on shaping it
- Unique combination of leading a quantitative vertical & horizontal company-wide initiatives across functions like Commercial Finance, Data, Actuarial, Sales & Marketing, Network
- Craft recommendations using a data-driven approach combined with business intuition for c-suite executives to make pricing decisions that impact the organizations bottom line
- Create models & tools that produce actionable business insights to drive company-wide strategic decisions, including understanding profitability tradeoffs, market trends, & key drivers
Who are you
- Leadership ability: you can connect the dots on different functions, ideas, stakeholders to lead enterprise wide initiatives & matrix teams that are outside of your direct line & team
- Entrepreneurial spirit: you take the initiative to identify gaps & tackle problems that might be outside of your day-to-day responsibilities
- Analytical & strategic mindset: you have an interest & willingness to learn more about broader business strategic tradeoffs & decisions
- Collaborative attitude: you are able to work effectively with other teams across the organization using your communication skills, & organizational awareness
- BS/BA degree in a quantitative field such as Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics & Finance
- 7+ years in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment leading / managing a team, & enterprise wide initiatives both technical & strategic
- Technical / Quantitative modeling capabilities with demonstrated track record of navigating ambiguity to drive to outcomes, work with large datasets & distill analyses into actionable business insights
- Prior experience in Healthcare, start-up and/or Insurance industry
- Demonstrated ability to Excellent executive communication skills - both verbal & written
- FSA or Data Science background is a plus
- Strong proficiency with Excel, SQL, R, and/or Python to manipulate & analyze data