Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant pharmacy experience that works for everyone, & technology that enables customized outcomes for patients, doctors, hospitals, insurers, & manufacturers. Our team is laser focused on creating the best healthcare experience for our customers, & driving meaningful value & better outcomes for every participant in the healthcare system. Everyone who uses Capsule raves about it - we have 5,000+ five-star app reviews - & were expanding quickly to get that experience in the hands of as many people as possible. Weve raised over $250 million from the best internet & healthcare investors to enable that expansion.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes & winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are intensely focused on our customers, energized to accomplish ambitious goals, & push themselves & those around them to be better. We work hard to teach & share our successes to help others be successful. We anticipate our teammates needs & communicate early & often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast & right. We have tremendous ambitions & a lot of fun pursuing them if that excites you, wed love to have you join us.
About the Role:
The Associate General Counsel for Healthcare Regulatory matters will focus on providing Capsules team with cutting edge legal analysis & ideas for navigating the complex regulatory environment for healthcare in the United States. You will be the companys expert in these matters - which include the Federal Anti-Kickback Statute, Stark Law, OIG Medicare & Medicaid regulations, HIPAA, & state-level equivalents of those laws, among many others.
While Capsule HQ is located in New York City & we have a preference for candidates in or around NYC, this role can be located anywhere in the United States.
- Develop a legal & regulatory framework around marketing for Capsule, & work with Capsules marketing & growth teams to evaluate new marketing & growth initiatives in light of current & future legal & regulatory requirements.
- With Capsules leadership team, develop legal & regulatory structures to support Capsules initiatives in value-based care.
- Develop legal & regulatory structures that support Capsules partnerships with providers, payers, employers, & other constituencies across the US healthcare system.
- Be Capsules expert on federal & state Medicare & Medicaid programs, including on credentialing & ongoing compliance requirements.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to identify & mitigate healthcare regulatory risks in Capsules third party contractual arrangements.
- Provide clear & practical advice with respect to Capsules HIPAA compliance in matters relating to partnerships, vendor relationships, & growth.
- Efficiently manage relevant outside relationships with top tier healthcare regulatory counsel
- Rather than saying no, you find safe ways to say yes in complex legal risk situations.
- You balance risk calculations with business & commercial sense.
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates & you give & get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You are driven to be a great partner & forge long-lasting relationships with the people you work across the table from.
- You work hard & want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins & remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast & right & don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision & accuracy & where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed & challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form & live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You operate like an owner & expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility & value personal responsibility in others.
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
- 8+ years of legal experience in healthcare regulatory law at a national law firm or healthcare business
- A track record of distilling & communicating complex legal principles to business teams & other individuals with non-legal backgrounds
- Licensed to practice law in your state of residence
- For individuals who will be remote - a record of accomplishments in a remote role or otherwise some sense of your ability to operate effectively without being at our physical headquarters
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, & believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, national origin, religion, disability, & veteran status.