Stash is a digital platform empowering everyday Americans to achieve the dream of greater financial freedom. Our products & tools make saving & investing accessible, affordable & simplified, in order to help our users build & grow generational wealth.
We are seeking a highly creative, energetic & growth-driven VP who will define & establish our communications strategy & brand voice. Our ideal hire will build strong relationships with key audiences & use their influence & excellent story-telling skills to energize & align both internal & external stakeholders. Reporting to the CMO, the ideal candidate will have a proven record of success, building & positioning brands as well as establishing relationships with trade & consumer press.
What youll do:
- Develop a comprehensive & actionable Communications strategy to elevate the Stash brand & drive increased engagement with customers, influencers & the media
- Craft concise & compelling storytelling for our products, features, solutions & tools to clarify & simplify our customer, influencer & media messaging
- Ideate, coordinate, & execute aggressive growth strategies with the growth marketing team (paid & organic efforts)
- Partner with HR to develop best practices for internal comms & ensure alignment for our key strategic initiatives & priorities
- Leverage market/customer research & data insights to develop press-worthy narratives that drive awareness & engagement
- Oversee key assets including press releases, media updates, exec talking points, presentations, Q&As, fact sheets, industry/competitive/governmental tracking
Who were looking for:
- 12+ years of experience leading strategic communications in the technology and/or financial services industry
- Startup experience is a must
- Superior writing skills with the ability to craft provoking & compelling narratives
- Significant experience with developing research & thought leadership initiatives
- Experience managing internal PR teams & external agency relationships
- Candidate should be a strategic thinker, an inspiring leader, & a team player that is motivated by getting their hands dirty
- Must be highly motivated, possess a positive attitude, have excellent organizational skills, & exceptional interpersonal & relationship management skills
- A self-starter, with the ability to work efficiently, managing multiple priorities with tight deadlines
We believe that diversity & inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, & building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow & retain & we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Flexible Remote
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development & Ergonomic Work Space Stipends
- Commuter Benefits & Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019 & 2020)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work (2019)
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services & Banking category (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.