PDT trades global markets 23 hours a day, 6 days a week using complex automated strategies. It is vital to the success of the firm that our trading is meticulously scrutinized & carefully controlled and monitored errant automated trading can cause serious impact. Were seeking an exceptional senior engineer who can provide technical leadership and tackle hands-on implementation for the Trading Control team.
Trading Control is responsible for building high performance real-time processing software that handles hundreds of millions of data points per day, in order to ensure our trading plant is operating safely & correctly. We provide tools for our Portfolio Managers, Implementation, Risk, and Compliance groups to understand our trading activity and respond quickly & confidently to control trading when required. This is a top business priority with clear, significant impact.
Why join us? PDT Partners has a stellar 25+ year record & a reputation for excellence. Our goal is to be the best quantitative investment manager in the worldmeasured by the quality of our products, not their size. PDTs very high employee-retention rate speaks for itself. Our people are intellectuallyextraordinary and our community is close-knit, down-to-earth, & diverse.
- Develop & maintain our core Trade Monitoring platform (Java, Python)
- Help design and build our next generation Risk Analytics platform
- Work closely with our Portfolio Management, Risk, Compliance and Trading Operations teams to understand (and anticipate) new features & requirements, then engineer efficient, user-friendly solutions
- Help vet, select & integrate open-source & third-party software
Qualifications for all Engineering Roles:
- 4-8+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience designing scalable & highly reliable software systems
- Familiarity with Linux, distributed systems programming and multithreaded programming
- Significant experience programming in either C++ or Java
- Knowledge of trading & finance is beneficial, a keen interest is required
- Bachelors or masters degree in computer science from an excellent academic program