As a Product Lead at Enigma, you will be responsible for leading & growing one of Enigmas enterprise product lines. Your impact will be measured by how many customers love your product, timely product delivery, & product growth.
In pursuit of these goals, you will become an expert on the customer needs youre solving, identify opportunities to improve the product, & lead a team of engineers & data scientists through product development. No two days in this role will be the same - the role is dynamic, multi-dimensional, & cross-functional.
During the course of a typical month, youll be expected to:
- Interview existing & potential customers to gain new product insights
- Translate customer insights into product concepts
- Manage the product roadmap & priorities
- Test out the effectiveness of new data science approaches & techniques for the product
- Help the engineers & data scientists on your team problem solve through problem decomposition & solution brainstorming
- Analyze & track your product's performance
- Collaborate with design on bringing your next feature to life
- Collaborate with the marketing & sales teams on the growth strategy for your product
- Work hand in hand with customer success to identify opportunities to deliver even more value to your customers
Qualities we value:
- Autonomous self-starting: likes to identify problems to solve rather than being handed them
- Customer empathy: excels at putting themselves in the shoes of someone else & understanding their perspective
- Creative problem solving: motivated by coming up with novel approaches to navigating the roadblocks in your way
- Leadership: inspire others to exceed expectations
- Communication: effective communicator (both speaking & listening) with customers & internal teams
- Pragmatic prioritization: chooses the right problems to solve & doesnt try to take on too much
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Data fluency: understands the basics of manipulating data & building analytical models
- Former product experience (product manager, product associate) with software products
- Fluency with SQL, Python, or Pandas
- B.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or Engineering
- Experience at early-stage startups
Enigmas is a B2B business with a handful of products in the market & a few that will hit the market soon. All of our products solve data-related problems for business customers (mostly large enterprises). Some products interface with customers through an API while others have complex user interfaces. A couple examples of our products you could own are:
- Enterprise platform to screen a banks wire transactions for sanctions & anti-money-laundering activity.
- Analytic platform that predicts which stores a brands product will be most successful in
- Intelligence on US small & medium size businesses for customer onboarding verification & marketing optimization
Because our product suite is ever-evolving, we do not hire people to lead a specific product. You should expect to work on multiple products during your career at Enigma
Enigma is a rapidly growing enterprise technology company based in the Flatiron neighborhood of New York City. We are Series C funded, partnering with some of the best investors in the world: New Enterprise Associates, Two Sigma Ventures, Comcast Ventures, Crosslink Capital, American Express Ventures, & others.
Founded in 2012, Enigma was started based on the realization that there was tremendous potential in using public data to understand how the world works, but that it was untapped because the data is highly fragmented & disconnected.
We believe that data is intrinsically valuable to all of us & are on a mission to unlock this value for our customers & for the public. We build data products that augment our customers internal data to drive business-critical decisions with previously unavailable information & we create the tools massive organizations rely on to thrive in an increasingly competitive marketplace.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.