We are on a mission to build the digital infrastructure for the mortgage industry. The mortgage market is undergoing a major shift, with much more emphasis being placed on consumer choice, & transparency. We are working with some of the biggest names in financial services - comparison sites, marketplace providers, lenders - to deliver a better mortgage application & renewal experience to millions of borrowers in the UK.
Were backed by the UKs leading digital venture builder (Blenheim Chalcot) who have an unrivalled track record for building successful & disruptive digital ventures.
As a Frontend Engineer youll build out configurable user interface components & libraries in a way that allows us to nicely scale out to many customers, whilst also being mobile first, performant, reliable, secure, responsive, & accessible.
We aim to provide great developer experiences & tooling, doing our best to abstract complexity, enabling our product teams to leverage our libraries & deliver the best customer experiences possible. The main technology set youll be working with includes react.js & next.js built single page applications styled with TailwindCSS.
Employee value proposition
Our team of Koodoods is made up of skateboarders, snowboarders, readers, guitarists (sooo many guitarists), chess players, hikers, plant growers, DJs, motorcyclists, & many different types of kind hearted people.
We are a passionate team who care about each other, & are driven to make a difference through great collaboration, & open communication.
- Receive the role profile
- Read it & get excited
- Tell us you are interested (apply, email, perform interpretive dance)
- Meet the hiring managers for your role, quiz us on the information in the profile & more about Koodoo
- Complete an offline technical challenge, helping us learn more about how you solve problems
- Meet more some of our team, answer some technical questions & present a case study
- Tell everyone how amazing your life has become
- Invite your friends & get a referral bonus!
Day to Day
- Youll collaborate with engineers, designers, & product managers to deliver robust software solutions for our digital mortgage services platform
- Youll be reviewing, writing, maintaining, & testing code using GitHub for source control
- Youll attend sprint ceremonies such as planning sessions, retrospectives, & project roadmapping exercises
- Youll pair up with other engineers to help solve issues & generally solve technical problems
- Youll learn about the wider technology ecosystem to help us deliver & innovate the features of our platform
- Youll be using online collaboration tools like Slack, Jira, & Figma to design & plan our deliveries
- Youre passionate about modern web technologies & languages such as next.js, netlify, & tailwindCSS
- Youre an enthusiastic problem solver that embraces complex technology problems with fine attention to detail
- You like to get involved with a multitude of things, rather than specialising in a specific area
- We are Empowered - If its to be, it's up to me
- We Deliver - We hold ourselves to high standards, we get results & we do what we say we will
- We Empathise - We listen, we support, we care - for each other, our partners & customers
- We are focused - We are committed to what we do, determined to succeed & we obsessively prioritise to achieve our goals
- We are Passionate - We are proud of our work, our product & our team & relentless in solving the problems in our industry
- Competitive Salary
- Pension scheme, Bonus scheme, Life insurance
- Flexible benefits package
- 25 days holiday (with the option to buy more)
- Flexible working (Were remote friendly & also have available office space in Nottingham & London)
- Company issued MacBook Pro or Dell XPS 13 (depending on your choice) along with accessories
- Investment in online courses, training & conferences
- 10% time to develop new ideas & experiment with new technologies
- Regular hackathons & events to promote team working & on going learning
- Sunshine time in the darker months
- Wellbeing & other Koomittees (see what we did there!) organising a range of activities