At Appian, were not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, & innovation; great people, great software! As a Senior Product Manager, youll be embedded on a small team of technical staff, interact with key business stakeholders, & own the prioritized product backlog to ensure your team delivers high-quality software with each & every iteration.
What is Appian? Its an application platform that lets business people build powerful cloud & mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code.
This position is for you: If you have experience with & a passion for DevOps & SRE Practices, Observability, Incident Management & Distributed Systems.
What youll do: Prioritize, define, & ensure success of product features for various users at the roadmap/release level as well as functionalities within each feature at the sprint level.
- Support the adoption of processes, tools & reporting that enable DevOps, SRE, Observability practices for the business.
- Prioritize what we should build & when by collaborating with stakeholders on product vision & strategy.
- Participate in quarterly release presentations to share new ideas & to receive feedback on new features.
- Construct detailed feature specifications outlining feature purpose, desired outcomes, & business impact.
- Define key milestones & drive incremental delivery using Agile principles & techniques. (Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, Daily Standup, Sprint Review).
- Align with Strategic, Technical, & Development leads to define feature functionality & performance expectations.
- Promote features & practices that strengthen & enable a culture of continuous improvement.
- You understand the value of open-source observability technologies like Grafana, Prometheus, Cortex, Loki, & Jaeger.
- Strategic thinker & problem solver with a proven ability to prioritize, negotiate, & execute in order to accomplish amazing things.
- Strong communication, negotiation, & collaboration skills; ability to draw clarity out of complex & ever-changing environments.
- Demonstrated technical background; an engineer at heart with an innate desire to make an impact.
- You understand the benefits of Cloud Native solutions leveraging Kubernetes orchestration.
- Exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, & truly excited about building great product features & experiences
- Most importantly, passionate about software!
Preferred Experience Level:
4+ years of relevant experience, preferably in a Product Owner role.
B.S. in Computer Science, or a related field
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.