Strategy Analyst (Product)
Portland, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Vancouver
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, & meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, & books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly & 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, & distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, & NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBCs Disruptor 50, one of Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startups, & the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the 5000.
Analyst Program at Skillz:
Analytics professionals at Skillz work on a wide variety of questions & issues. Based on fit & company need, you will work in domains such as:
- Growing the Skillz player base through paid acquisition with the greatest ROI possible
- Running impactful A/B experiments to optimize the user experience
- Designing, launching, & measuring new features of the Skillz ecosystem
- Driving improvements in internal processes & systems to enable the company to scale
- Assessing & improving game performance & player engagement of Skillz games
- Understanding trends in user satisfaction & feedback
Regardless of the domain, you will function as a data-driven decision maker & deliver recommendations to drive Skillz forward.
Strategy Analysts come from a variety of backgrounds & are placed at an appropriate title & level based on experience & aptitude. As a proven contributor at Skillz, you will ultimately have the ability to focus your path to domains that interest you & where there is a need for action-oriented strategic thinkers.
- Lead analytics projects across the organization & mentor analysts
- Drive highly visible strategic projects, collaborating cross-functionally to structure problems, understand opportunities, & develop solutions
- Own key areas of the business front-to-end, including execution & follow-through on initiatives
- Use storytelling skills to persuasively communicate your recommendations to senior executives & other stakeholders
- Support our understanding of customer behaviors & life cycles, such as user engagement, conversion, & churn
- Design, develop, & share reports & dashboards used by the entire company every day
- 3+ years experience
- Inquisitive mindset with a major in marketing, business, economics, statistics, engineering, or mathematics preferred but not required
- Experience performing quantitative or strategic analysis (preferably in product development) preferred but not required
- Experience leading cross-functional initiatives that require significant collaboration between different departments, including both technical & business teams
- Self-starter with a dont take no for an answer attitude & strong communication skills
- Ability to solve unstructured problems independently by developing & applying appropriate frameworks or techniques
- Honesty in developing & sharing insights gained from our user data
- Experience using data visualization platforms & connecting data insights to strategy
Skillz embraces diversity & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status & or disability status.