At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Were looking for an IT Service Manager to join Lyft. This will be a technical hands-on leader responsible for assisting local & remote staff with technical problems ranging from Mac & Windows troubleshooting, Conference Room A/V support, & office network connectivity. This role will continue to oversee day-to-day IT operations for the region. They will collaboratively work to define support best practices, drive adherence to process, & act as a strong lead for IT projects. Assisting the IT Director in defining the strategy for the region.
As our IT Service Manager in the region, this person must exhibit Lyft ITs mission to be recognized as a single-point-of-contact providing best in class IT support & communication to all of Lyfts employee base. We are dedicated to providing a high quality shared service management experience to all of our technology users. Our goal is to ensure each & everyone receives fast, accurate, comprehensive & friendly support across a complex mix of the following areas:
End User Services
Building Management Systems
- Supervise a team of technicians within the region supporting both the onsite HQ & collaborating with peers to support the rest of the world remotely.
- Combine hands-on support with directly managing a small regional team.
- Solve any problem through data analysis, technical troubleshooting & improve ways of working by streamlining processes.
- Document, track, & monitor problems to ensure resolution in a timely manner; acts as final point of contact for technical or personnel escalations.
- Work closely with IT Leadership on strategic initiatives.
- Drive multiple information technology projects & drive project deliverables.
- Work with Global IT Managers to develop internal resources & manage performance; setting schedules, holding 1:1s, providing clear direction on tasks & projects while delivering feedback.
- Manage & triage incoming work for the region: tickets triage, project work, etc.
- Maintain inventory of equipment & other IT assets.
- Support our IT services: Cherwell, Google Apps, OKTA, Atlassian etc.
- Develop & maintain relationships with multiple vendors.
- Bachelors degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of experience providing support in a professional IT environment.
- 2+ years of leadership or management experience, delivering upon SLAs.
- Experience providing local & remote technical support.
- Experience with an ITSM ticketing system such as Cherwell or Service Now.
- Experience with client management systems: JAMF / Airwatch.
- Strong OSX Mac experience.
- Experience with Google Apps Suite.
- Experience with Google Meet, or other video conferencing solutions.
- Upper-Intermediate English is required.
- Someone that loves end user support & is passionate about delivering a world-class customer service experience.
- Critical thinker & natural problem solver who enjoys identifying ways to make things better.
- Windows & Linux experience is a plus
- Basic to advanced knowledge of audio visual support.
- Basic to advanced knowledge of corporate networking & security practices.