Here at 1stdibs, one of our core values is Say It With Data & we are looking for an exceptional Data Engineer to join our Engineering team & help the wider company gain access to & develop a better understanding of our data environment. As our data needs & infrastructure continue to grow, we are seeking our ideal teammate to help us build durable, scalable processes & tools to help support our ever-growing demand for quantitative metrics to advise our business decisions. From Audience Segmentation to Sales Growth Analysis to A/B Variant Testing, data drives all aspects of our business forward.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn & develop expertise around how a luxury e-commerce marketplace leverages data to drive its business decisions. You will partner with cross-functional teams including Product & Marketing to help define the roadmap, drive data strategy, & prioritize initiatives. You will improve & refine your business acumen by constantly balancing the needs of technical implementation, feature optimization & analytical measurement.
What youll do
- Work closely with various cross-functional stakeholders such as e-commerce, performance marketing, content, technology, product & advertising to capture the data needed to drive business decisions
- Validate accuracy & completeness of data captured, & maintain technical documentation
- Partner with Analytics team to ensure captured data meets the reporting/dashboarding requirements
- Review data trends post-implementation to confirm accuracy & identify anomalies
- Assist Analytics in automating reporting & data requests
- Help design A/B test experiments & assist in reporting on experiment results
What you'll bring
- B.S. in computer science, business analytics or a quantitative field
- 1-3 years of relevant experience building & managing data pipelines
- Experience working with Web Analytic software (Google Analytics, Adobe Omniture)
- Exposure to BI software (Looker, Tableau, Chartio, SSRS/SSAS, etc.)
- Ability to translate & document business requirements into site tracking & reporting guidelines
- Proficiency in identifying/interpreting trends & anomalies in data, & troubleshooting accordingly
- Strong organizational skills/attention to detail & capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills
Nice to haves
- Data modeling experience in data warehouses or RDBS (Redshift, MySQL, Postgres)
- Familiarity with debugging tools such as Chrome Debugger, Fiddler, HttPWatch, etc.
- Experience with querying languages (SQL) & some flavor of database (relational or otherwise)
- Knowledge of version control (GitHub)