The SA Manager will lead a team of exceptional Solution Architects. As you will help to spearhead our expansion into EMEA, the ideal candidate is one who has built & led technical pre-sales teams in the Enterprise Software, Big Data/Analytics or Data Science & is looking to move to the next stage in their career by building a team in hyper growth mode & with a 1:1 sales to pre-sales ratio. The right candidate has a strong track record of partnering with the sales organisation to close revenue & has the right approach to coaching new sales & pre-sales teams to work effectively together. You will actively guide & get involved to enhance your teams effectiveness, be an expert at creating & articulating complex, business value focused solutions, supporting complex sales cycles, & building relationships with key stakeholders in large corporations.
- Own & drive hiring & building the SA team, rapidly scaling the designated field engineering segment org without sacrificing quality
- Be able to build a high performing collaborative culture within a hyper growth team. To embody & enable Databricks customer obsessed, teamwork & diversity culture
- Support increase ROI of SA involvement in sales cycles by 2-3x over 18 months
- Enable a solution/value-based selling field-engineering organization
- Display a thorough understanding of business needs & revenue potential for accounts in the assigned region
- Experience in senior presales roles & in developing, managing & building a team of successful Bigig Data, Cloud, or SaaS professionals
- Has experience scaling field and/or technical teams from scratch to 7+ - ideally at hyper-growth speed
- Must be knowledgeable in & passionate about Spark, Big Data, & Cloud technologies and/or Data Science
- Great at instituting processes for technical field members to drive efficiency & effectiveness
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM subject, MSc or PhD highly desirable
- Technical background either in Data Engineering / Database technologies or Data Science
Databricks mission is to accelerate innovation for its customers by unifying Data Science, Engineering & Business. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark, Databricks provides a Unified Analytics Platform for data science teams to collaborate with data engineering & lines of business to build data products. Users achieve faster time-to-value with Databricks by creating analytic workflows that go from ETL & interactive exploration to production. The company also makes it easier for its users to focus on their data by providing a fully managed, scalable, & secure cloud infrastructure that reduces operational complexity & total cost of ownership. Databricks, venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA & Battery Ventures, among others, has a global customer base that includes Viacom, Shell, & HP. For more information, visit www.databricks.com.
Apache, Apache Spark & Spark are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.